Bark Lake Leadership and Conference Centre began as the Ontario Camp Leadership Centre at Bark Lake in 1948. Now privately owned by Columbia International College, Bark Lake continues to be the forerunner in Outdoor Education and in providing unforgettable experiences. We are located in the beautiful Haliburton Highlands, nested in Irondale, Ontario, on a secluded lake.
We provide educational programming to school groups, organizations, corporate leaders, and experiences to our wedding guests and cottagers. We are a growing business and an exciting place to come and accelerate your professional growth and development through creative and countless ways. We are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team.
The position of the Business Development Manager is responsible for leading sales and special events, planning and building Bark Lake’s business development initiatives, with a strong focus on customer service.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the creation of promotional materials, advertising materials and company publications
- Remain knowledgeable of current events, products and market trends and maximizes marketing strategies for wedding and corporate business to upsell Bark Lake services
- Cultivate sales opportunities by fostering and developing business partnerships by liaising with organizations and building future business
- Gather, maintain and utilize relevant market intelligence (analytics, promos, trends) to help create strategic advantages and pricing strategies in the marketplace
- Ensure that the Residential Management System (RMS) is maintained with the following items; sales quotes, bill preps, payment updates, invoice finalization and data entry
- Attend trade shows in order to generate new leads, conduct presentations and promote the organization as a whole
- Oversee product sourcing for promotional SKU's for Tuck Shop
- Lead and manage the Business Development Department, including the Sales Assistant and Special Events Coordinator
- Strong focus on customer service as a top priority in a professional manner, with the ability to build and manage relationships
- Other duties as prescribed by the General Manager or the General Manager’s designate, which may be amended from time to time
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience in the hospitality industry
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Strong background in leveraging social media
- Outgoing personality and positive attitude towards challenges and opportunities
- Highly self-motivated and organized
- Customer driven with a strong focus on quality of service
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (i,e., Business, Marketing or related field)
- Participates in special events including weddings corporate groups to follow through on sales promises
Hours of Work:
- Monday – Friday: Core working hours
- Flexibility to work on weekends, evenings and holidays (when needed)
- Must be willing and able to travel for meetings and trade shows
Bark Lake Leadership and Conference Centre is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations, whenever possible, to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Job Type: Full-time