Michael Simpson Professional Corporation (GMSPC), a local Ottawa based public accounting firm, is currently seeking an experienced, motivated and client-driven individual to join our tax services team in the capacity of Tax Manager.
If you are looking for professional growth opportunities, we would love to meet you!
At GMSPC, we take care of our people. We understand that our staff is our greatest asset. We value work-life balance, offer competitive salaries, benefits, an open-door policy and a team-based environment. We also provide annual merit-based increases that reflect your valued contribution to our firm.
As a Tax Manager you will:
- Work closely with the Senior Tax Manager and engagement team to ensure our clients’ tax compliance and planning needs are being met;
- Responsibilities will include a review of tax filings prepared by staff (including T1s, T2s, T3s, and T5013s) to ensure all tax-related matters are appropriately addressed;
- Assist with corporate reorganizations, successions, estates, and trust planning, including the tax consequences of selling and buying a business;
- Research client related tax issues and prepare internal memoranda on solutions;
- Liaise with Canada Revenue Agency and relevant provincial ministries on client issues; and
- Provide tax support and guidance to the assurance team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- An accounting designation;
- A minimum of 5 years in public accounting with 3 or more years specializing in tax;
- Completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax program or a Masters in tax;
- Sound knowledge of current tax-related issues affecting private companies such as the TOSI rules, passive investment rules, section 55(2) and the specified business income rules;
- Strong computer skills in working effectively with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), CaseWare, CCH Taxprep, and tax research databases;
- Must be flexible in terms of hours of work, able to work well under pressure, detailed oriented and able to prioritize multiple requirements and deadlines;
- Demonstrate focus, a positive attitude, professionalism, strong interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time