Thanks to our growth, we’re looking for a full-time IT Support Technician. If you’re ready to join The Pod and help lead our Allies out of IT Mediocrity, then reach out and let’s dive in!
As an experienced IT professional, you know better than anyone that IT is about so much more than tickets and troubleshooting. It’s about helping businesses succeed. It’s about implementing technical solutions that make workplaces simply work.
We’re Smart Dolphins, a leading, strategic managed IT services company that helps small to medium sized businesses leverage technology to drive productivity and growth. Our goal is to ensure our Allies’ (our term for customers) IT is always an asset in their organization, by aligning their technology with their business goals. We have a special and rare opportunity to make a major impact on the world… and enjoy ourselves while we’re doing it!
As our IT Support Technician, your goal is to provide world-class customer service and leadership to our Allies. You will be an important part of delivering our managed service solution through the day-to-day technical support of our Allies’ technology. The bulk of the role will be managing expectations, troubleshooting, problem resolution, technology administration and documentation. You will also assist the other teams within the Pod. Most of the work is done remotely from our office, but occasionally the support is best provided onsite.
You must represent themselves as the “Face” of Smart Dolphins. Many times you are the first and only impression an Ally receives of our company. Your attitude, professional manner, and personal attention given in each and every touchpoint, is paramount to our success. You are expected to quickly and efficiently see through to resolution most of service tickets that come your way. You will want to follow provided processes, check-lists, and policies to ensure consistent results. You will combine information and tools provided with your technical knowledge to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
We believe that the early days as a Dolphin set the foundation for long term success and so we like to take our time with a new Dolphin’s trek up the Learning Curve. We have a very unique and precise way we do things and we’ll want to be sure we help you build the right habits and routines. Long term, you’ll forever learn about new technologies, business (our business specifically) and our strategic managed IT approach. Learning never ends at Smart Dolphins.
There are a number of exciting roles at Smart Dolphins. Some Dolphins are purpose built and most successful as a permanent, long term productive member of our Support Team. Other Dolphins move to other teams and roles over time. Working together, we’ll discover your strengths and specializations and work towards the right fit of role, interest, challenge, and job satisfaction.
As a Support Team Technician, practically speaking, here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide remote and phone support to end-users from Smart Dolphins office or, occasionally, onsite.
- Answer phone calls quickly. Respond to all assigned service tickets within specified time limits.
- Diagnose & Resolve 90% of assigned service tickets.
- Log all service details within ticket.
- Keep accurate track of time for service tickets in real time.
- Identify situations that require escalation and inform management of recurring problems or clients at risk.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Participate in Customer Service Skills Training
- Maintain education and knowledge to align with support needs.
- Member of On-Call rotation as scheduled and required to support our clients.
- Know, understand and live Smart Dolphins’ Core Values, Vision, Mission, Value Proposition, and Service Offerings.
- Enthusiastically help other teams and Dolphins as needed.
- Hands-on experience managing business class desktop/network technologies
- One or more of the following technical certifications: MTA, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCA
- Experience managing/troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7, 10 in a business environment
- Experience managing/troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN network connectivity
- Experience managing/configuring/troubleshooting: Hyper V, firewalls, network switches (including VLANS), NAS devices
- Experience with backup/disaster recovery devices
- Experience with remote management tools
- Experience with any of the following: Connectwise, Lab Tech, Dell servers, cloud services like Office 365, StorageCraft, Meraki, OpenDNS security technology, APC UPS and Powerchute
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
This is a full-time, permanent position working in out of our Victoria, BC office. You’ll also occasionally work with Allies on-site (located mainly on Vancouver Island). Your travel expenses are fully reimbursed.
You’ll work Monday to Friday, typically during business hours. Occasionally, due to Ally needs, you may need to work after-hours or on weekends. There’s also the possibility of working from home from time to time.
You’ll earn between $40,000 – $60,000 / year, commensurate with experience. You’ll also have access to RSP matching, a medical/dental trust, a rewards program, a company laptop and cellphone, a personal vehicle allowance, and a profit sharing program. In addition to standard vacation, you’ll receive 5 additional sick days off.
The Right Fit:
Our best Dolphins are:
- Responsible: you take ownership of your role, and always do the right thing for our Allies, their business, and our team.
- Continuous learners: if you don’t know something, you ask questions and jump right in to learn new skills. You are intensely curious about business and technology and are forever hungry for personal growth.
- Process-oriented: checklists, documentation, and standards excite you. You enjoy building and following systems that keep things organized and Allies (and Dolphins) happy.
- Impact-Driven: you’re not just looking for a job, but more importantly, you are passionate about finding a long term home for your career, with equally-passionate people, at a place that makes a difference in the world.
If this sounds like you, then we can’t wait to meet you!
Working at Smart Dolphins
If you asked our current team why they love Smart Dolphins, they’ll tell you being here feels like a one-of-a-kind opportunity. We do challenging and meaningful work for some really caring, successful and valuable local organizations, all while working with a family-like team. The perks and office are great. For most Dolphins, there is no place we’d rather work!
Our leadership is committed to teaching our team about our business, technology, and generally providing continuous learning and educational opportunities. Working here means building a business you take pride in and growing into the Dolphin we need you to be in the future.
Smart Dolphins has been recognized with several awards that speak to the unique and special place we’ve created over the years together:
- 2018 – Best Place to Work Canada (including Best Workplace in Technology and Best Workplace for Millennials)
- 2017 – Outstanding Workplace of the Year (GVCC)
- 2012 – VIATEC Employer of the Year
- 2007 – Worklife BC Award of Merit
We hope you’ll help us win our next award!
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you’ll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from ALL groups and people, including those who are traditionally underrepresented. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
Apply at: https://form.jotform.com/82827279986277
Job Type: Full-time