TENG Inc. is a fast growing, medium-size engineering consultant company providing engineering and project management services to multiple industry sectors. We have an immediate need for an Junior to Intermediate Electrical or I&C Design Technologist or Engineer to work with our new “project team” in Edmonton, Alberta. This position is key to our organization and will be part of our new office in Edmonton, Alberta.
TENG Inc. – helps our clients to develop, enhance and maintain their facilities in oil-gas and other industries. It is working closely with the other disciplines to develop efficient EPCM/EPC solutions to new and existing clients.
In this role you will be required to carry out various aspects of Electrical & I&C drafting design for various plant systems. Clients for this work are primarily Oil & Gas, Distribution & Terminals, Pipelines, Utilities and Power Generation.
The work may include the following but not limited to:
- Prepare layout drawings of and to perform the necessary design calculations and material specifications.
- Prepare sketches of details and check the preparation of these details’ drawings by others.
- Prepare flow and schematic drawings from detailed verbal or written instructions and rough sketches.
- Prepare drawings of moderately complex equipment and buildings.
- Carry out revisions to moderately complex drawings of equipment and installations with only verbal or rough sketches provided.
- Provide technical illustrations of equipment and buildings with only rough sketches and general verbal instructions.
- Interface with other engineering disciplines.
- Assist in providing responses to technical enquiries from design review team and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare drafting estimates, schedule and costing for various proposals.
- Ensure strict adherence to budget and schedule on all assigned tasks.
- Assist in providing support to with facility design engineers, engineering groups at site.
- Must possess a working knowledge of design drafting techniques and practices.
- Can produce neat, legible and accurate drawings in a reasonable time.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of standard equipment and materials.
- Must have a good working knowledge of shop and field practices.
- Must be able to work effectively with others.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrate good technical skills and problem-solving capabilities and can seek practical solutions to the engineers.
- Site experience in the design, construction, or commissioning of plant electrical systems, for refinery sites would be an asset.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
TENG Inc. offers attractive compensation packages and a dynamic and challenging work environment. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume with salary expectation.
We thank you in advance for your application but only those selected for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
Reference ID: WDM-SEC-14
Application deadline: 2021-04-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place