Have you ever been told you ask too many questions? Do you remember all the answers? Can you hear between the lines?
Do your favorite questions start with “why”? Can you connect the dots? Have you ever perfected something?
General Body & Equipment is a custom industrial truck body builder with employees in Edmonton, Calgary and Saskatoon. We continue to grow after more than 35 years in the business and built our reputation by consistently designing and building the highest quality custom truck bodies found on the road today. We believe in our employees and help them achieve their goals with hands on training and a supportive team-based environment.
We are looking for a full time Sales Professional to join our team! The successful candidate will be expected to do the following:
- Develop relationships with buyers of industrial work trucks and associated accessories across Northern Alberta and Northeastern British Columbia
- Sell these new relationships a variety of custom-built work truck packages, pre-built service bodies, inserts and decks alongside their associated accessories (air compressors, cranes, inverters, lighting packages, etc.)
- Promote our after-market upfitting, repair, inspection and service capabilities
- Think, be creative, solve problems
- Make the boss laugh and let him win at fantasy football
- Be hungry to learn and grow
- Must be able to travel about 1 week per month
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- College or University degree with a Business or Marketing discipline or extensive sales experience in a Business to Business or Custom Manufacturing role.
- Experience in the Work Truck industry is a plus
- Have a relationship based selling ability focused on cultivating long-term repeat customers
- Strong communication skills in English including written, verbal and reading
- Technologically savvy - ability to work with a CRM and standard office suite programs daily
- A positive attitude complimented with a great personality with the ability to break down barriers to make lasting impressions
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Strong active listening skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Perfection driven
- The tenacity to learn and grow
- A list of contacts that includes all fleet and equipment purchasers in Northern Alberta (optional)
What you get out of this deal:
- A great career with upward growth opportunities
- A generous base salary plus a team-based performance bonus
- A chance to work with a privately owned, well established company
- A solid benefit package
- A laptop (to use, not to keep) and all the General Body & Equipment pens you could ever ask for
- A Quarantool, a 35th anniversary travel mug
- A chance to work and learn with a great team
Did you nod your head in the affirmative several times while reading this ad? Was the little voice in your head saying “me” and “also me” a lot over the past few minutes. Then click apply with your polished-up resume and include a quick 1-pager that will blow our minds. If you’re as good as you think you are, kick back and wait for your phone to ring…we’ll be coming for you shortly. In the meantime, check out our website for more information about us – www.generalbody.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
We have extensive COVID procedures at GBE including a mandatory mask protocol, hand sanitization stations, barriers where required, extra cleaning, departmental cohorts and more. We go above to protect our employees.
- business development: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)