Working at Spotter Security
You know how most companies are just looking for another employee? Spotter Security is looking for someone that will succeed and grow as an individual, so that our company can also succeed and grow. We strive to make sure that our customers are happy, and we do this by make sure that our employees, who serve them, are happy.
A Spotter Security Technician…
- Can pickup and learn things quickly
- Is creative at solving problems and getting things done
- Doesn’t get overwhelmed easily when given minimal guidance
- Can thrive in a non-micromanaged environment and knows how to multi-task
- Can work with a group of people
- Owns up to their mistakes and takes ownership of their responsibilities
- Has a clean driving record
- Does not have a criminal record
- Isn’t just coming in to get a pay cheque
What Does Spotter Do?
We sell and install security systems for businesses and construction sites. Security Camera Systems, Access Control Systems, and Live Video Monitoring Systems are the 3 main solutions we offer. The company was started in 2004 and our goal is to be the best at customer satisfaction among any security provider in the GTA.
What you should have Experience with:
- Installing low voltage cable for security cameras, card access systems, and alarm systems
- Terminating CAT5/6 cable with RJ45 and also into a patch panel
- Mounting and terminating access control panels - S2 and Brivo would be an asset
- Mounting and focusing IP cameras - Axis, Hikvision, Avigilon would be an asset
- Mounting and terminating alarm panels - DSC would be an asset
- Mounting network racks and wall enclosures
- Installing and terminating door strikes and card reader
- IP Cameras - Axis, Hikvision, Avigilon, or equivalent (minimum of 2 years)
- Access Control - S2, Brivo, Avigilon, or equivalent(minimum of 2 years)
- Alarm Systems - DSC or equivalent (minimum 2 years)
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, Word
What’s Next, I want to apply:
- Read about our company and what we do, make sure you are interested in it.
- Send your resume and include a paragraph about yourself. Just a paragraph.
- If you’re a good fit, we will email you a link to take a 20-30 minute test.
- After the test, we will setup a 10-minute phone interview
- Depending on the phone interview, we will then schedule a face-to-face interview
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Low voltage cabling: 2 years (Preferred)
- Installing access control systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Installing network and computer peripherals: 2 years (Preferred)
- Installing IP cameras: 1 year (Preferred)
- Installing alarm system: 1 year (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)