R. Denninger Limited is one of the finest food companies in the world. For more than 60 years, quality has been the founding criteria of our company. Denninger’s has five retail locations, a manufacturing plant and a warehouse all located throughout Southern Ontario. Denninger’s associates are hand picked to provide the best service in the industry. If you have a passion for customer service and thrive in a team environment, Denninger’s is the place for you!
We offer a rewarding and fun work atmosphere with flexible work schedules, competitive salary options and all associates receive a 20% discount on our product. We provide training focused on practical skills and teamwork, along with opportunities for career advancement.
Job Summary: The Cashier is responsible for customer service at the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
Reports to: Cash Department Head
- Collect payment for the customer purchase.
- Ensures that customers are processed through the checkout in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner.
- Scan items into the Point of Sale scanner to determine how much a customer owes Denninger’s for their purchase.
- Informs Department Head of all items that are not scanning properly.
- Ensures that the checkout area is kept clean and stocked at all times.
- Bags and boxes groceries or Bistro items.
- May perform pickups or day end cash balancing as required.
- General housekeeping (sweeping, mopping, restroom maintenance).
- May assist with Curbside orders.
- All other duties as directed by Store Management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and other departments within the organization.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Essential Job Functions
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders.
- Bend and twist the upper body, reach above and below shoulders.
- Bend and lift loads, up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
R. Denninger Limited is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. If you are contacted by R. Denninger Limited regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care