Records Clerk - Legal
We want you to join our customer centric team whose passion it is to Empower Digital workplaces!
At Ricoh, we aren't satisfied with keeping pace with today's complex work environments, we are setting the pace. We are reimagining the workplace.
Our high-performance workplace is powered by a team that thrives. We offer a friendly culture with a focus on wellbeing and work life balance. Flexible work options, a time off purchase program, great physical and mental health benefits, employee discount and recognition programs are only some of the advantages of working at Ricoh.
We are a family that promotes positive manager relationships and on-going learning & development that nurtures professional growth and career advancement.
Discover what you are capable of in an environment where your growth is supported, and your success is celebrated.
The Records Clerk will be expected to support the Firm Lawyers, Assistants and business services departments in the management of physical and electronic records in accordance with the Records Management Policy and Procedures and to manage department processes and duties assigned
- Prepare files and boxes for storage
- Assists in processing physical records and facilitating physical file moves
- Enter and update data into the records management system
- Performs active file maintenance tasks (ex. file searches)
- Performs data entry
- Retrieves/references information for users
- Manage requests by (email/telephone inquiries)
- Validate and reconcile vendor work-orders and invoices
- Supports digitizing efforts
- Supports electronic filing
- Supports workflows related to File Transfers, Legal holds, and destruction
- Performs disposition of records, under direction
- Conducts data migrations
- Performs data clean-up
- Assist with special projects and performs other related duties as assigned
- Assists all members of department as required
- Supports the Records Management Administrator's duties.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable
- Legal industry experience is preferred
- Prior records management experience in a business to business environment
- Knowledge of Alpha / numeric filing conventions
- Ability to learn filing procedures and tracking systems
- Ability to organize and classify records in all formats (electronic and paper)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong typing and data entry skills
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift and move 30-50+lbs
- Proficiency in computer systems and software applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) as well as the firm's Document Management System, Records Management Software, Document Imaging Software, and any additional firm applications used to manage client matter records and information
Ricoh is an information management and digital services company connecting technology, processes, and people in progressive business around the world. Ricoh is a recognized leader in document workflow, process automation, digital transformation, and security. Every day our 90,000+ global employees work with big and small companies' optimizing their end-to-end business solutions.