Precision Home and Office Deliveries Inc is a leader in Final Mile deliveries and is experiencing rapid growth by offering exceptional service levels to our customers.
We are in search of an Experienced hands-on Terminal Manager capable of managing up to 50+ drivers with multiple supervisors directly reporting to her/him.
- Manage Inbound/Outbound movement of Freight to and from hub location
- Manage Hub Operation and Sortation Processes
- Review volumes in established routes daily to balance workload, audit drivers and hub processes
- Occasionally ride with drivers for audits and/or perform deliveries directly
- Maintain relationships with key customer contacts involved in daily operations of their business
- Maintain regular reporting to head office
- Provide metrics to Customers daily to maintain highest level of performance
- Contribute and maintain a successful, safe, team environment
- Motivate and develop team, identifying the best people for the job
- Assisting in assessing problem areas or areas for improvement and identifying solutions, and clearing roadblocks with other departments and management
- Run continuous improvement initiatives to offer "Best-in-Class" services
- Resolve complaints and answer questions of customers regarding services and procedures
- Recruit and train top performers for all material handlers and independent contractors;
- Provide timely, accurate, and thorough Performance reviews.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years' experience in courier Final Mile Deliveries.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and multitasking skills
- Proven ability to deal with Independent Owner Operators
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Compliance and regulations.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resource requirements
- Knowledge of MOT / MOL requirements
- At least 2 yrs of experience as a Terminal Manager
- Must be fluent in English