Full time position in our Kanata North office for one-year term with opportunity for renewal and advancement. Must be available on short notice. Competitive salary based on experience.
Thera-Business is seeking a highly motivated clinical scientist to conduct evidence-based analyses on medical devices and prepare reports on the findings. The minimum level of education required is a graduate degree, PhD preferred, in biology or a health-related discipline with a minimum of three years medical writing experience. Background in epidemiology is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Common sense, intelligent, enthusiastic, research driven individual.
- Experience in critical appraisal of medical literature.
- Understanding of research principles and evidence-based medicine principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Proficiency in the English language is essential.
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively with other professionals, students and key partners.
- Understanding of medical and scientific language and concepts of experimental design.
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent time management skills to manage and prioritize work load responsibilities and timelines.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure, and to meet deadlines.
- References required.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical writing: 3 years (Required)
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
- Ottawa, ON (Required)
- English (Required)