Job Title: Pension Assistant
Primary Objective: Reporting to the Supervisor/Manager of the Pension Department, the incumbent is responsible for various administration functions necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the client’s pension plan arrangements. The incumbent provides support services to the various Pension Administrators in such routine functions as: utilizing the quotations system to determine commuted values and optional forms of pension at retirement, termination, death or marriage breakdown, drafting of letters in reply to queries received, governance requirements, data entry, filing, as well as assisting in preparation of material for meetings.
- Prepare option or authorization packages for death, disability, retirement, termination, and marriage breakdown in accordance with specific Plan provisions, government legislation requirements and current service standards.
- Investigate and prepare draft letters in reply to queries from members.
- Monitor custodian financial statements to ensure that benefits, deposits and expenses have been paid correctly in accordance with instructions.
- Maintain up-to-date records both paper and electronic of all transactions processed.
- Assist in preparation of client administration reports.
- Handle calls as received.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Contacts/Relationships External and Internal:
- Reports directly to Pension Administration Manager
- Works cooperatively with Internal Administrators and other internal stakeholders
- Works cooperatively as a member of the Pension Department to provide superior customer service to all Pension clients
- Receives guidance and direction from Pension Manager & Member Services Manager
- Communicates with Pension Fund Custodian and Plan actuaries
- Deals directly with Pension Plan participants/members or their beneficiaries regarding basic member information
- Works cooperatively with Accounting, Claims and Administration departments at our Head Office location
A fast paced, productivity driven environment, compliant with health and safety standards. Prolonged keyboarding effort required daily. Sitting for extended periods; prolonged exposure to computer monitors.
Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mathematical ability and organizational skills.
- Good command the English language, both written and oral.
- Acquire and keep current: detailed knowledge of the various Plan Provisions for all Clients, detailed working knowledge of the BPA Pension systems and related PC based systems, working knowledge of Federal and Provincial Legislation pertaining to Pension Plans. (i.e.: Income Tax Act, PBSA (Federal), PBA (Provincial), Family Law Act, etc.).
Minimum Qualifications: *High School Graduation Diploma
Benefit Plan Administrators welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programs
- Education reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Stock options
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To keep our employees safe, we have implemented social distancing measures and we supply masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Pension Administration: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19