Job Title: Manager of Quality Assurance
Reports To: Director of Quality Assurance
Department: Quality Assurance
A 64-year-old Aerospace Component Manufacturer requires an experienced Manager of Quality Assurance, for a full-time opportunity in Summerside, Prince Edward Island. This person will report to the Director of Quality Assurance.
Responsible for ensuring that the overall standards of the company are met or exceeded within every area of the PEI Facility. To enforce and ensure all the company’s Quality Management Systems are in place, active, efficient and productive.
Role & Responsibility
- Implement and Ensure compliance of the Company’s AS9100 Quality Management System.
- Hire, train, supervise and manage the engineering & quality staff in the Summerside, PEI Plant.
- Work with Management Group to implement mission, objective & measurable procedures, standards & systems for current company business and new revenue opportunities
- Implement, maintain and ensure in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications to be implemented and maintained to meet AS9100 D Standards.
- Implement company standards for quality, health & safety
- Assess customer requirements and ensure that they are met
- Utilize suppliers, customers, regulatory bodies and associations to provide education & training on their products\services and how they relate to improving operations, quality and customer satisfaction
- Implement systems that ensure the manufacturing processes comply with industry standards and customer expectations
- Drive change and improvement in performance/quality
- Ensure facility staff records, analysis and reports all meet regulatory, industry and customer requirements
- Analyze customer and product\service issues\non-conformances for internal and external process improvements required to meet company goals and objectives
- Develop & report business quality performance measurements
- Develop\revise and deploy effective improvements to all aspects of the Company’s Quality Management System
- Conduct audit and review of all internal procedures, work instructions, to ensure compliance.
- Manage regulatory and customer compliance to product and service requirements and specifications
- Provide training to staff on quality assurance and continuous improvement processes
- Manage, audit & revise company policies, procedures & work instructions to meet and exceed applicable standards & regulations and customer satisfaction
- Minimum of University Degree. Post Graduate Degree – Master’s highly recommended.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing company requiring strict adherence to industry procedures and specifications.
- Familiarity with ISO, AS9100D, Controlled Goods Management Systems
- Experienced in 5-S programs; Six Sigma; lean manufacturing analysis and implementation. Black belt program experience necessary.
- Experienced in top level management responsibilities governance.
- Experienced in Chemical Processing and Metal Finishing Specifications and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Summerside, PE (Preferred)