As the Daycare cook you are responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen during your shift, organization of the kitchen, meal prep, meeting deadlines, preparing and delivering foods on a scheduled basis, keeping up with food preferences and allergies of children in each program. As well as completing food orders through suppliers on a bi-weekly basis.
You will create and implement recipes according to the menu, assist in creating the menu and following the CCEYA guidelines for food options each day.
Other daily functions:
- Ensuring children are eating the foods being sent
- Documenting menu changes
- Organization of menu binder for Ministry of Education and tracking purposes
- Know, understand and follow all of Stittsville's Imagination Station Preschool's policies and procedures
- Report to supervisor
- Implement changes when needed
- Initiative on daily routine
- Prep all food and snacks for the day
- Responsible for ordering foods through our supplier
- Food cost per child
- Food portioning
- Labelling and dating foods being brought in from outside source (parents)
- Communication with parents to reassure your ability and knowledge of allergies and food preferences
- Strong team playing skills
- Dish washing
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment to keep maintained and cleaned
- Criminal Record Check of the Vulnerable Sector
- Food handlers certificate
- First Aid and CPR level C and infant CPR with Red Cross
Any other certificates you may present to peak the interest of clients. With the description above, you are not limited to duties listed. To guide staff to properly and timely deliver foods to clients. Ensure all deadlines are being met.
Typically you are cooking for 70 children. This positions start date will be September 1st 2020.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 25-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Casual Dress
- On-site Parking
To keep children and parents as safe as possible during COVID-19. The cook will make sure that they are strictly in the kitchen. Will not be visiting classrooms during their day but dropping lunches and collecting dishes outside of the classroom.
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Standard First Aid with CPR Level C (Required)
- Food Handlers (Required)