PlayQuest Recreation, a leading supplier of commercial quality playground and spray park products, has a unique opportunity for growth and leadership in the developing markets within Northern Alberta.
Based out of our Edmonton office, this is a unique position for an energetic, highly motivated, experienced sales professional who is detail oriented, and possesses excellent communication and computer skills. Experience consulting, developing relationships and selling products to cities, municipal agencies, school districts, planners, housing authorities, contractors and landscape architects will move your resume to the top of our list.
Core responsibilities include:
- Identifying key influencers within the territory, promote company products/services and develop long term relationships as preferred provider of turn-key solutions
- Consultative approach meeting with customers to dream, design and deliver creative commercial quality outdoor playgrounds
- Respond, qualify and prioritize multiple leads
- Frequent meetings with individuals and groups with varied levels of interest, knowledge and leadership abilities
- Utilize company resources to create, organize and present customer solutions via proposals & presentations
- Direct and manage multiple projects in various stages and scope of work
- Maintain detailed records and communications of potential projects
This position requires strong leadership skills, self-discipline and the ability to work independently from the Edmonton office and a home-based office. This is a position that requires frequent travel throughout the assigned territory as well as occasional travel outside the assigned territory for training and annual sales meetings. Meetings with clients can be during the day, evening, and on weekends depending on the availability of the customer.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of 2-5 years of successful outside sales experience in a relationship selling role, with a proven success record built on hard work.
The ideal candidate might have experience selling to municipal governments, park & recreation departments, schools, contractors and landscape architects, and/or have a set of design and creativity skills to compliment sales abilities.
The candidate must be able to make presentations in front of small groups, be technically and mechanically oriented, and extremely organized to handle multiple projects at once. This person will also be skilled in prospecting new business while defending existing business. This position is for someone who is completely self-motivated, with high energy, and who thrives on developing long-term business relationships. Experience teaching or working with children, and being able to relate to your playful side is a plus.
The successful candidate will receive training in product and services. Some leads will be provided, but prospecting will be required to develop this new territory. Candidates with experience and/or knowledge of the territory and key customers within target markets is prefferable. Our company offers a competitive compensation package, and we are looking for a long-term business relationship in order to service our markets.
ABOUT OUR COMPANIES
As the exclusive representatives for BCI Burke & Vortex Aquatics, PlayQuest Recreation, offers a complete line of playground equipment, spray park equipment, safety surfacing, shade structures, and site amenities to complete a dream park. We are proud of our reputation as being a “one stop shop” for all of your park and playground needs. We provide a fully turn-key service, including supply and installation of all of our products. Hundreds of school playgrounds throughout northern Alberta are old, outdated and unsafe. May communities are still without even a single spray park. Our Outside Sales Consultant will provide the leadership to communities to successfully raise funds and facilitate the delivery of new playgrounds and spray parks. Our mission is to help create special outdoor places for people to recreate, to play, to relax, to exercise, to socialize and to appreciate their environment
- Base salary of $48,000 plus generous commissions.
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Please send resume/cover letter
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- Drivers License (Required)
- English (Required)