Why Choose Us
Established since 2005 and Ottawa's Best Dog Walking Company of 2021 by Faces Magazine. NOTE YOU MUST APPLY AT https://lovingpaws.ca/join-our-team/
Before you apply, please read our Working With Us and Work Description on our website https://lovingpaws.ca/join-our-team/
Work with us as one of our sub-contractors. Drive to the homes of our clients to provide dog walking, pet sitting, pet medical care, nail trims, and house sitting services.
As a sub-contractor, the amount of work depends on the number of requests we receive from clients for our services therefore we do not guarantee a minimum revenue.
- Experience in the animal industry, Veterinary Technician RVT, Veterinary Assistant, or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience as a pet parent.
- Experience in customer service.
- Solid knowledge of daily pet care and some medical topics relating to pet health.
- Strong knowledge of and an astute ability to notice changes in pet behaviour.
- Pet First Aid & CPR Certification
- Strong business acumen that translates into an ability to build and maintain your own business as a sub-contractor.
- Strong ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Strong ability to pay attention to details. Good interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to interact with tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity.
- Moderate computer literacy and skills to use a web browser, MS Outlook and MS Excel.
- Moderate administrative skills.
- Moderate grammatical and spelling skills.
- Attend homes of LP&HS clients to provide pets with playtime, give fresh food & water, clean litter boxes, nail trims, water plants, administer oral/injectable medications, take out trash, pickup mail, walk dogs.
- Maintain and complete legible records and files in keeping with LP&HS requirements.
- Collect payments from clients and remit them to LP&HS.
- Arrange and undertake meet & greet consultations with clients.
- Communicate with client in person, by text, email, and by telephone, and in writing with LP&HS Daily Diary Notes.
- Handle keys to clients' homes.
- Networking with vet clinics/hospitals, groomers, pet shops, travel agencies, in the neighbourhood you service to introduce yourself and to distribute brochures and/or poster.
- Complete duties necessary with owning and operating your own sub-contractor business.
- Complete administrative duties as a sub-contractor of LP&HS.
We offer a generous pay based on the number of visits undertaken. Pay is a percentage of what is billed to clients. We pay every 2 weeks. Pay varies depending on factors like the number of visits made before the pay date, the number of pets during a visit, the type of service given, the duration of a visit, and if the visit takes place on a holiday.
More details are provided to candidates who meet the essential qualifications for the position and who demonstrate a genuine interest to join Loving Paws & House Sitting. It is not uncommon for clients to pay tips for good service.
- Must love pets.
- Compassionate, positive, and enthusiastic personality.
- Must be dependable and reliable.
- Must agree to work on weekends, holidays, mornings, lunch & dinner times, and evenings. Hours are from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Must drive an insured and reliable vehicle.
- Must have a cellular telephone
- Must have a reliable computer at home with Internet access.
- Must have MS Excel and Outlook on home computer.
- Must provide a "cleared" Criminal Record Check.
- Must not have any past criminal charges or convictions pending criminal investigations relating to the abuse, neglect, or abandonment of any animal, or any aspect that directly impacts your ability to provide safe care to any animal; or traffic violations for which pardon has not been granted.
- Must not have any past criminal charges or convictions or pending criminal investigations relating to any breach of trust matter, such as theft of property or fraud.
As a dog walker, pet sitter, and house sitting business, LP&HS offers services at the homes of its clients, and in our clients neighbourhoods for dog walking.
Working as a sub-contractor of LP&HS requires driving to the homes of LP&HS clients.
Part-time hours: 15-30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: From $26.40 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All team members are required to wear a mask while in the client's home.
- Do you have a reliable vehicle? Note we are seeking for a candidate with a vehicle to drive to clients' homes.
- Do you have mid-day availability? Note we are seeking for a candidate with lunch time availability.
- drivers license (required)