Who We Are: Campbellford Memorial Hospital is a 34-bed health care facility located in Trent Hills. As the only hospital located between Belleville and Peterborough, CMH provides a comprehensive array of acute care services. Together we ensure our patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time. We have a sustainable vision for the future: building upon our existing strengths, being a recognized leader in rural healthcare, and creating a healthy community through service excellence, effective partnerships and a health hub model of care. We are extremely proud of our team – warm, caring professionals who take a genuine interest in our patients. We passionately pursue excellence, and create a better experience by putting our best selves forward every day.
Position Description: Reporting to the Collaborative Practice Leader, the Pandemic Support Worker provides support for the operational needs of the Hospital during declared pandemic situations. The Pandemic Support Workers are often the front-line of responding to inquiries as staff, visitors and patients enter the Health Centre Facility. There may be times when they deal with emotionally charged individuals. Pandemic Support Workers must use good judgement and respond appropriately during pandemic and crisis situations, and may be required to direct individuals away from the Hospital.
The Pandemic Support Worker positions involve a very high degree of interaction with patients and staff and the general public. This position involves considerable professionalism, judgement and sensitivity as patients, families, staff and community professionals may be difficult to interact with due to the stressful times we’re experiencing.
- Screening patients, staff & visitors at all hospital entrances
- Providing wayfinding and other information to visitors and patients
- Delivering resources and materials to support the operations of the Hospital
- Other duties as assigned: this may involve performing any basic functions required to support the hospital during the pandemic.
- Infection prevention and control practices and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Supports patient safety and improving the patient experience in your roles and decision-making.
- Complies with evidence-based practices and standards (including communication and teamwork, infection prevention and control, safe medication practices, and safe use of equipment and facilities)
- Report and follow-up on risks and adverse events
- Continuous measurement and improvement of patient safety and the patient experience
- Other duties as assigned
- Current enrolment in a health care related post-secondary program or recent graduate (e.g. Nursing, Medical Laboratory Technician, Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy Assistant, etc.) required
- Experience in a Hospital / Healthcare environment preferred
- 1-2 years of customer service experience required
- Excellent interpersonall skills and ability to interact well with all levels of staff and the community
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt to continually changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use good judgement, and as a team member
Hours of Work: Must be able to work days and evenings on both weekdays and weekends, including Holidays. Shifts and hours will vary depending on Hospital needs.
Please reference in your cover letter whether you are interested in temporary part-time / temporary full-time.
Job Type: Temporary