Job Title: Lead Finisher – M4 – Master
Reports to Plant Manager
Leedwood is a growing commercial millwork company in Brantford, ON and we currently have a position available immediately for Master / Lead Finisher
Please note, You MUSTcurrently reside in Canada and be currently legally eligible to be employed, please do not apply if you do not currently live in Canada.
Applies quality staining and finishing to manufactured and purchased products in order to complete customer orders in accordance with expected lead times and quality expectations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receives unfinished materials from custom build, casework assembly and outside vendors.
- Stacks and stages components and items to be finished on proper platforms assuring no handling or transit damages.
- Quality inspects and repairs defects including removal of excess glue, filling holes, repairing gouges, chips and splits.
- Prepares products with final finish sanding and sealing.
- Applies appropriate coats of pre-stain and stain assuring total coverage of entire product by spraying or wiping in order to match customer expectation and specification.
- Inspects product for blotches, defects, fingerprints or other defects. Applies top coat finish to the entire product assuring excellent coverage and smooth finish.
- Assures proper drying and curing time by stacking and staging parts to assure damage free final finish.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Stages finished product and protects against handling and transit damage with pads, blankets, shrink wrap or other protective measures if required.
- May be required to mix and match stains in accordance with customer requirements and be familiar with chemical compositions of various stains and finishing materials and the reactions.
- Be productive in other aspects of the shop environment.
- Communicate all shortages, issues and opportunities to the Plant Manager.
- Maintain all equipment and tools and be proficient in their use and care.
- Assist installation and delivery crews and perform work on job sites when required.
- Maintain production areas in an organized and clean fashion with daily clean up and approved housekeeping and safety requirements.
- Maintain respiration requirements and certifications as required by Ministry of Labor
- Assist to complete special project assignments as directed by management.
- 5 years of extensive professional finishing and staining experience in a production environment.
- Knowledge to identify wood species, grain patterns and their staining and finishing requirements.
- Ability to determine color, tint and hue variations.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Team spirit, ability to follow instructions, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skill with power and hand tools and spraying equipment.
- Agility and excellent physical condition.
- Honesty, integrity and a passion for results and excellence.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet project deadlines. Comfortable in manufacturing, woodworking, construction and site environments. Exposure to lumber, glues, solvents, laminates, veneers, stains, paints, fumes and other building materials will be required.
Requires standing, sitting, walking, lifting, climbing and bending for extended periods. Be able to lift 50lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finishing: 5 years (Required)