Who we are:
People are at the heart of the Allianz brand. At Allianz, helping people is in our DNA. At Allianz, we believe in being a part of the solution for a better tomorrow, and know that we have a positive impact on people’s lives across the globe. If you are looking to be part of something big, then come join our local family - we want to hear from you!
Our teams in our Operations centre are the heartbeat of the organization. We are looking for customer-centric individuals to fill several permanent Bilingual Case Management positions. In this role, the focus is on helping others, providing exceptional customer service, and going above and beyond for our customers when they’re in need.
About the role:
In a 24/7 operation, Allianz Case Managers are hard at work reviewing cases reported to the Emergency Assistance department and taking the necessary steps to assist customers, all while managing costs for the organization. They are autonomous and competent, and take great pride in being accountable for the overall investigation and decision making of cases up to an approved authority level.
You are great at:
- Conducting daily monitoring of hospitalized patients and outpatient care, updating notes and keeping detailed records of decisions in the computer system
- Securing assessments of medical information from the medical team
- Providing approvals for defined procedures and collaborating with medical team as required
- Communicating with patients and family members regarding benefit information and arrangements for the case
- Reviewing and investigating client policies and files to determine appropriate course of action
- Establishing reserves based on known incurred and estimated costs, and updating reserves when new information is received that changes the cost estimate
- Investigating and coordinating insurance coverage under additional policies such as Provincial Health or Extended Health plans
- Making billing arrangements and obtaining various documents as they pertain to the case
- Conducting administrative and logistical maintenance of case requirements, and communicating escalated cases or requirements outside benefits to business partners
What it takes:
- Fluency in French is required
- Case management experience, ideally in a healthcare setting is considered an asset
- An independent and confident decision-maker – you like working with a high level of accountability and taking ownership over a task
- Familiarity with medical terminology is a bonus
- Drive and motivation to stay informed of current events, and a good understanding of world geography
- A keen eye for detail and multi-tasking abilities – you can juggle multiple priorities while capturing the little details along the way
- Superb verbal and written communication
- The ability to use initiative and independent judgment in solving customer problems – you are a problem solver and can think on your feet
What we offer you:
- A competitive total rewards package, including benefits coverage as of your first day of employment, participation in the company’s annual incentive bonus plan, an employer matched retirement plan, tuition reimbursement support, generous paid time off, and much more!
- A Referral Program that rewards you for referring your qualified friends and family
- Employee discounts at a wide variety of retailers and services
- The opportunity to grow with a large, global organization
All successful candidates must be able to pass an Enhanced Reliability Check performed by the Government of Canada.
At Allianz, we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please call our toll free number 1-800-461-1079.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- French (Required)