Carrington Homes is a reputable and thriving residential construction company dedicated to delivering high-quality homes to our clients in BC. With a strong commitment to craftsmanship and attention to detail, we take pride in creating spaces where families can create memories. As we are continuing to grow, we are seeking a skilled and motivated Construction Laborer to join our dynamic team.
: As a Construction Laborer specializing in residential construction, you will play a crucial role in the construction of our homes. Your hands-on experience and knowledge in various aspects of residential construction will be instrumental in achieving our construction goals while maintaining the highest standards of quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Assist the Site Superintendent in performing daily construction tasks related to residential projects.
- Assist skilled tradespeople, such as carpenters, plumber, electricians, and other trade partners with their tasks to ensure smooth project progression.
- Safely operate construction tools, adhering to all safety guidelines and protocols.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and construction plans to accurately execute tasks.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment, ensuring materials and equipment are properly stored and secured.
- Collaborate with the Site Superintendent to help meet project deadlines and milestones.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and team members regarding project status, issues, and progress.
- Follow established procedures and protocols to ensure work is completed to high-quality standards.
- Adhere to all building codes, regulations, and safety standards to promote a safe and compliant work environment.
What we offer
- Previous experience in residential construction is required.
- Solid understanding of various construction techniques and processes in residential projects.
- Ability to use and maintain construction tools and equipment safely and effectively.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting blueprints and construction plans.
- Stamina and strength to perform labor-intensive tasks in various conditions.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to producing quality work.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well within a team as well as unsupervised.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with vehicle.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits, including extended health & dental, life and disability insurance, a flexible spending account and more.
- Health and Wellness Program.
- Company matched RRSP program.
- Paid training and development programs.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Vehicle allowance.
To apply, please submit visit us at https://www.carrington.ca/about-carrington/careers.
Only those who are legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for employment. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, your application will not be considered.
The Carrington Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
STRONG \\ SOLID \\ SECURE \\ CARRINGTON.CA