Career Opportunity: Legal Assistant - Conveyance
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Legal Assistant in our Conveyance department. The successful candidate will have experience and must be able to complete residential and commercial conveyances from start to finish. The applicant will have strong communication skills, will be very detail-oriented and must be highly organized. Responsibilities will also involve interacting with clients by phone and email.
Job Requirements may include:
- Preparation of sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential conveyancing.
- Correspond with clients, solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents.
- Dealing with contracts, title reviews, and mortgage payouts.
- Preparing statement of adjustments and reconciliations.
- Checking emails and voicemails for vacation relief and directing to the appropriate assistant and/or lawyer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of a recognized Legal Assistant program is required.
- 2+ years experience in Land Title Systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of lease agreements.
- Proficient in BC Online; e-filing.
- High attention to detail.
- A passion for providing superior client service.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated setting.
- Ability to multi-task and frequently organize workload.
- Experience with programs such as Worldox, EConveyance and Aderant are an asset.
We reward your commitment and efforts with a competitive Total Compensation program, an annual Bonus program, monthly Wellness credits and personal learning and Professional Development opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended Health and Dental, a Health Spending Account, and a matching RSP program. Apply in confidence via email with resume to Lisa Blue, Human Resources Advisor
Job Type: Full-time
- litigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (Required)