Zenabis’s Finance team is rapidly evolving. We are seeking a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (FRA) to own all aspects of budgeting through our next phase of explosive growth. The Senior FRA will have a key role in enhancing the budgeting process. The person in this role will also be key in driving critical decision-making through reporting of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports and analysis for the senior management team. This role will also provide support in areas of taxation, regulatory reporting and other accounting related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and other external financial reports as required
- Prepare and maintain consolidation working papers
- Prepare internal financial reports and analysis to the management team, including various Board of Directors reporting needs
- Prepare quarterly variance analysis
- Prepare and compile the quarterly forecasts and annual budget
- Prepare quarter-end and annual working papers or schedules for external auditors
- Research and interpret IFRS, monitoring and implementing IFRS and regulation changes
- Prepare complex accounting memos
- Liaise and collaborate with various teams and offices
- Review and prepare various schedules, account reconciliations and journal entries
- Assist in the maintenance of internal control policies
- Implement and document process changes and improvements
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required by management
- 5 years of progressive experience in a financial reporting role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or another related discipline
- CPA designation with public practice experience
- Exposure to business processes, accounting systems, internal controls, internal and external reporting
- Strong background in auditing public companies preferred
- Experience researching complex accounting issues under IFRS and forming a proposed approach
- Solid analytical and problem-solving ability
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of the team, with minimal supervision
- Proactive and self-motivated with experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency with computer software (MS Word, Excel, WDesk)
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Security Clearance may be requested for this position.
Salaried Position: Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm.
This position will require after hours or extended hours based on activity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Financial Reporting: 5 years (Required)
- public practice: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)