Founded in 1960 and a community leader in Ottawa, the Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa (YSB) is one of the largest and most comprehensive non‑profit agencies serving and empowering youth in this community. More than 350 caring professionals work from 20 locations across the city to deliver a vast range of programs and services that support at‑risk youth and their families. YSB is a multi-service agency that provides services in French and English in employment, health and housing, mental health, youth engagement and youth justice. We work in partnership to develop, deliver and advocate for better conditions, services and opportunities for youth and families. We receive funding from the Province of Ontario, the City of Ottawa, the United Way, and generous private donors.
What we offer
- A values based agency that believes in and supports inclusion, diversity, accessibility and client empowerment
- A community based organization that provides services to over 2500 local youth and families each month
- Working in a dynamic team
- An environment that encourages continuous learning by offering professional development and training opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits and pension (CAAT) for eligible full time and part time employees
YSB is looking for a bilingual Administrative Assistant to support its community Services programs.
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Administrative Assistant supports the management team and staff with the day to day administrative operation of the Program.
Principle Duties:Scheduling and Organizing functions:
- Responds to inquiries from the public and community partners about the availability of the Director and, assists them with appropriate access
In consultation with unit coordinators and Management team, prepares staff base scheduling and operational schedules for Community Services’ programs
Ensures accurate & daily entry of changes into YSB’s scheduling program
Contacts part time staff to fill emergency shifts, in compliance with the collective agreement rules
Ensures fluency with and complies with terms & conditions of Collective Agreements
Administrative & Support functions:
- As needed, assists the Director with preparation of a daily schedule including necessary meeting materials and other documents
- Answers phone, provides general information and directs caller to appropriate person
- Checks faxes, voicemail and ensures proper procedure for incoming/outgoing mail, including internal mailing system
- Maintains the program filing system
- Provides back up to other staff in areas of data entry, preparation of reports and other duties as assigned
- Orders and maintains office supplies including ordering maintenance on office equipment when needed
- Assigns building keys and parking passes accordingly
- Updates and ensures the proper formatting of documents including program manuals
- Books meeting rooms and supports event/meeting preparation when required
- Minutes meetings as required
- Other administrative duties as required (including greet visitors, coordinate preparation of business cards, photocopying, coordinate document translation, training registration, book travel accommodation for internal/external personnel)
- Maintains petty cash and distributes weekly to programs accordingly
- Prepares and ensures Purchase Orders are signed, logged and sent to Finance department
- Distributes bus vouchers and gift cards for clients as directed by program coordinator and maintains transaction log
- Maintains Trusteeship billing information and sends to appropriate individual
College diploma in office administration or equivalent
3 years progressive experience in clerical, secretarial or administrative positions
Competency in the Microsoft suite and experience with data bases
Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills with exceptional attention to detail & accuracy
Strong interpersonal and communications skills, demonstrated diplomacy & tact
Ability to work independently and efficiently on several projects concurrently
Ability to work in a team environment
Demonstrated flexibility, good judgement, resourcefulness, initiative & creativity
Respect for the values of YSB
Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in office administrative practices and procedures
Oral and written fluency in English essential, Fluency in French essential
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
YSB values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. In the event a qualified candidate is not found, candidates that do not meet the qualifications indicated on the posting may be considered.
Apply On-line with resume and cover letter on Yspace. This non-unionized position is being posted internally and externally.