Northern Zone, Aberdeen Hospital
OPNZ Staffing and Scheduling
Type of Employment:
Casual Relief (3% FTE) x 2 position(s)
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Reporting to the Manager, Access & Flow, the Staff Scheduling Clerk is responsible for ensuring adequate staff is maintained throughout the Health Authority, utilizing scheduling and staffing in accordance with all terms and conditions of employment for unionized and non-unionized staff. The Staff Scheduling Clerk works with managers and staff to develop and maintain departmental work schedules. The Staff Scheduling Clerk supports all departments of the Health Authority through planning and production of weekly planned work schedules and assisting with filling vacant shifts to ensure operational requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Successful completion of Post-secondary education with a focus on office administration procedures required.
- One to two years’ experience working with rotations and schedules required.
- Strong knowledge of multi-disciplinary job functions preferred.
- Experience in a healthcare facility preferred.
- Demonstrated formal training and working experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet) required.
- Working experience in Quadrant HR and/or Scheduling systems an asset.
- Experience in the application of Collective Agreements preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction well.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Ability to multi task and problem solve effectively.
- Communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Demonstrated skills as a self-directed learner requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and monitor good interpersonal relationships with multi-disciplinary staff and management.
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred
- Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Applicants will be screened on the above qualifications. Applicants must clearly demonstrate how they meet the knowledge and competencies in their cover letter and resume. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Applicants will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or missing information.
Hours of Work
Casual Relief Position
$21.7303 - $24.3130 hourly
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Admin Professionals bargaining unit - CUPE position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/