We are a technology company that is transforming operations at sea to enable people and the planet to thrive.
We are open-minded and fearless in our approach to innovation and don’t believe in boundaries. We challenge everything and have massive ambitions to drag aging industries into the tech era.
We take safety, equality and education very seriously, and our responsibilities don’t stop at our front door. Our business is built on the belief that there’s definitely a more environmentally responsible way to operate at sea.
We only employ the best people. People with a desire for excellence, a curious nature, people who are thoughtful, humble, collaborative and accountable.
We reward our people well. Beyond what’s usually considered to be the ‘market average’.
The opportunities for people in our business can be limitless, spanning a multitude of disciplines and open to all, regardless of background and experience level.
We are not your average workplace.
Ocean Infinity is seeking a QC Inspector. You will be expected to administer and monitor the operational and business processes of Ocean Infinity Solutions Corporation and ensure compliance with Global QHSSE policies and procedures. The QC Inspector will be expected to be honest, pragmatic and an excellent communicator. You will both be able to complete solo tasks and contribute effectively in a team environment. You will be friendly, cooperative and genuinely engaged in the work we are doing. You have a strong sense of curiosity and a desire to “learn by doing.” However, you will also have a firm grounding in QHSSE policy and process administration;
Work Country: Burnaby, BC, Canada
Work Location: Onsite
Division/Department: Ocean Infinity Solutions – QHSSE
Reports to: QHSSE Manager
What will you do:
- Inspection & Testing;
Conduct receiving inspection on incoming orders;
- Inspect finished products to ensure that they meet quality standards;
- Maintenance of Records;
Develop inspection forms for quality control of products;
Implement and monitor the execution of test plans for quality control of products;
- Update inspection forms for quality control of products, throughout the course of the project;
- Maintenance of Compliance;
Write reports to document deficiencies and errors in products;
Communicate the results of inspections for corrective actions;
Actively promote quality achievement and performance throughout the project organization;
Helping to achieve quality compliance objectives and industry standards, and ensuring testing targets are achieved;
- Recommend improvement measures to the production process to ensure quality control.
Who you are:
- Engineering, Operations or QC academic and/or vocational qualifications/training;
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status;
- Previous experience in providing Quality Control support: 1-5years;
- Previous experience in a projectized work environment: 1-5years;
- Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Strong understanding of quality management such as standards, regulations and applicable policies and procedures;
- Good practical experience with office tools: MS Office, Google Drive, Teams, e-mail, among others;
- Thoughtful, thorough and conscientious;
- Interested in others and strives to act in the best interests of the team;
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Integrity, credibility and maturity for confidential issues;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Driven, proactive and able to work autonomously with little supervision towards the company’s purpose;
- Critical thinking and ability to show initiative;
- Open and receptive to new and different ideas;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently;
- Enthusiastic about protecting people and the planet.
- Experience with engineering projects;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- ISO9001 quality control;
- Technical & business writing;
- Microsoft Visio.
What you can expect:
At Ocean Infinity, we believe in creating equal opportunities for all, celebrating each and everyone’s differences. We are driven by transforming the industry, through our technology, thoughts, behaviours and actions. Being inclusive and respectful to all is fundamental to who we are. It is the right thing to do and enables innovation and creativity to thrive.
There is more work to be done, and we know that we aren’t perfect, but our commitment to these values is unwavering. They are central to our mission and the impact we have on the industry, meaning, we cannot live without them.
Click here to apply.