Location / Lieu: North East –City of Greater Sudbury
Position / Poste: Support Services Attendant – Part Time Paid Mileage, Paid Travel Time
Duties / Fonctions:
- Assists consumers in their own homes with non-medical activities of daily living in accordance with individual service plans and with March of Dimes Canada policies and procedures:
- Bowel and bladder procedures
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Range of motion exercises
- Other light housekeeping duties
- Performs duties in a professional manner, which respects the dignity and right to privacy and maintains consumer and staff health and safety.
March of Dimes Canada provides 24-hour rehabilitation/attendant care to its consumers. The Support Services Attendants will be required to work multiple shifts (i.e. work days, evenings, weekends) that vary between locations.
The Support Services Attendants will be required to travel throughout the City of Greater Sudbury.
Qualifications / Compétences requises:
- PSW Certified or equivalent experience
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- Experience working with people with physical disabilities, experience/knowledge/understanding of Independent Living or Consumer based care.
- Knowledge of and abilities in transferring, lifting, bowel and bladder routines and other attendant care duties
- Physical Demands Self Analysis Required upon hire
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible and regularly scheduled hours
- Valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
Applications accepted until / Candidatures acceptées jusqu’au (mm/dd/yy): 11/09/2020
Send application and resume to / Adressez votre demande d’emploi et curriculum vitae à:
Name: Lori Jones
Position: Community Support Supervisor
Address (#, street/rue, suite, city/ville, province, postal code): 263 Brady Street, Sudbury ON
Job Type: Part-time