At UNFI Canada, we have a passion for the planet and see the big picture- doing what's right for people and the earth. We embrace change to discover what's next... and that is recruiting for new talent such as yourself!
Responsible for picking orders, loading outbound trucks, and unloading products while ensuring product quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Select customer orders in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner.
- Build stable and secure pallets.
- Label pallets and number to ensure proper put-away or delivery.
- Place completed pallets into cooler, dock area and/or truck as required.
- Participate in rotation of product and report quality issues to management as required.
- Assist in properly loading trucks.
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping, removing trash, cleaning kitchen and restrooms as needed.
- Sort, sticker and repack individual pieces when needed.
- Observe all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- At least 1 year previous experience in a warehouse environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to stand and work on feet for extended periods of time in a cool, damp environment.
- Must be able to operate warehouse equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sense of urgency with ability to work well under pressure.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- High regard for safety.
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Criminal Background Check
- Employment Reference Check
UNFI believes in a diverse and accommodating workplace. UNFI encourages and promotes applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, disability or otherwise. UNFI is committed to providing full accommodation for persons with disabilities in all active processes and procedures including but not limited to the recruitment process. To request any accommodation you may require to participate in the recruitment process (including alternative formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please contact the main recruiting contact for the position or Human Resources to discuss your specific needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)