Who You Are:
You are an exceptional Aftermarket Sales Support Representative who has extensive experience in selling and securing aftermarket product orders from existing and prospective customers.
Your mission at Metcon Sales & Engineering is to take the tools and process that we currently have and make them better. We’re not talking about a cookie-cutter model cobbled together from industry "best practices". We’re talking about building something unique that works for our business.
You use your time effectively and efficiently and concentrate your efforts on the more important priorities. You are able to get more done in less time than others and can attend to a broader range of activities.
About the Role:
- Receive inquiries and qualify opportunities.
- Create, maintain, and manage business partner data in SAP
- Create, maintain and manage inventory data in SAP.
- Prepare and submit customer quotations for unit replacements, parts, duplicates, field services, repairs..etc.
- Enter and expedite orders.
- Maintain accurate and updated records and notes on sales opportunities, quotes, and orders and attach the relevant correspondence and documents to SAP.
- Promote a quote from inventory strategy.
- When applicable or required, inspect the goods to ensure order accuracy and quality
- Expedite orders and follow-up with procurement on open orders to ensure they arrive on time.
- Notify customers of the delivery schedule and order status.
- Follow-up on an ongoing basis until goods are shipped and delivered.
- Assist with training and development of entry-level peers.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings and provide status of ongoing orders. * Identifying Non-Conformances and being a part of the solution where applicable
- Resolve problems, delivery issues, warranty issues, returns and customer complaints.
- Continually develop technical expertise of products.
- Quality control – final inspection of the goods, submit and save in our database the final manuals.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education
- 2-5 year experience in sales support, preferably within the municipal water / waste water industry
Dealing With Ambiguity
Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle.
Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge; does well in technical courses and seminars.
Application deadline: 2020-07-31
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- municipal water / waste water: 2 years (Preferred)
- sales support : 2 years (Preferred)