Millwright (Industrial Mechanic): $60-65,000 Dayshift + OT + Bonus + Benefits + RRSP
*Open to all levels of experience*
Our client is both well established and growing. They are a unionized manufacturing facility with approximately 30 plants in Canada and the US, with this plant being one of the top performing in the company. They have a very low turnover of staff, a strong focus on promoting from within and the union and management have a great working relationship.
This Licensed Industrial Mechanic Millwright opening is a salary position offering $60-65,000/year depending on experience. The shifts are Monday-Friday, 7am-4pm with six-hour long guaranteed overtime shifts on Saturdays (paid at time and a half) and some overtime on Sundays and nights when needed. They also offer a 7% bonus based on team performance and RRSP matching up to $1300/year. The health and medical benefits package is competitive, 100% coverage with little to no deductible.
About the Role:
This position would be one of two dayshift millwrights working on the production floor reporting to the Plant Maintenance Manager. The millwright is accountable for mechanical repairs including corrective, preventative/predictive programs for all plant equipment and building facilities. This includes assembling, disassembling and maintaining machines; manufacturing and modifying parts and ensuring conformance to specifications of work order instructions.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide maintenance repairs in all mechanical process, troubleshooting all plant equipment and building facilities to ensure safety, quality, production and maintenance requirements are achieved.
- Follow all predictive/preventative maintenance programs by using work orders request and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Analyze equipment to identify the root cause of equipment problems from either equipment downtime, faults etc.
- Analyze equipment down time, determine root cause of equipment failures and recommend countermeasures.
- Operates machinery to verify functioning, machine capabilities and conformity to client’s/work order specifications.
- Attend production downtime calls and make emergency repairs as required
- Maintains and lubricates parts and components.
- Operates various machinery and hand-tools.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Adhere to quality control procedures.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Comply with all company health and safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to work day shift (7am-4pm) and six-hour overtime shifts on Saturdays, with some overtime on Sunday and evenings when needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Holds Industrial Millwright Certification (433A)
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble machinery.
- Good dexterity and ability to handle and assemble small parts.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Able to work in a high production facility
- Ability to read/interpret blue prints and technical manuals of equipment
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Team player with the ability to work independently
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Industrial Mechanic: 5 years (Preferred)
- 433A Industrial Millwright (Required)