ABOUT EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS:
Our team is responsible for creating the mouthwatering fruit arrangements, dipped fruit boxes and cut fruit for to-go products, following the operational procedures set by Edible Arrangements; for maintaining a high quality of customer service and product.
Why work here??? We are a unique combination of jobs - food service/prep without those long night shifts and smelly fryer; retail without the constant shelf restocking; and, opportunity to grow with reputable brand
Summary of Key Qualifications & Skills Required:
Since most of our day-to-day tasks are simple but done under strict corporate guidelines, we conduct extensive training for our new hires.... this means previous experience in fruit bouquets is not necessary; However, previous kitchen experience - especially if from a franchise environment - is preferred.
We are specifically looking for motivated individuals looking for a stable place of employment, hardworking individuals looking for a place where they fit.
Some traits we are looking for:
-We are looking for candidates who are available during the 8-7 window consistently; available to work assorted shifts if necessary. we work from a set schedule, but also need candidates who are available to cover disruptions to that schedule - ie: sick days, etc.
-Applicants MUST live locally in Hamilton region year-round
- store hours are Monday-Friday 9-7, Sat 8-5 and Sunday 10-3, applicants must have flexibility to work during those hours as scheduled, including some evenings
- a positive attitude is a must
- a willingness to work fast and efficiently when the pressure is on, and work longer hours during peak holiday periods is a requirement being Mother's Day, Christmas, Valentine's, Easter and Father's Day is a MUST.
- candidates must enjoy working within a team, but be more than capable of working alone too
- excellent communication skills, and patience with both Customers and Staff are priorities
- previous customer service/ sales experience is an asset
- ability to read work orders, and follow other verbal and written instructions is a must
-ability to clearly communicate instructions to others is a must
- organizational skills are important
- ability to left, carry and/or push 30lbs
- ability to stand, bend, reach and scoop through-out assigned shifts
- a High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- a valid driver's license is an asset (especially if you are willing to pickup shifts at other locations)
Summary of Key Duties:
- customer service (on phone and on-site)
- washing, peeling and/or cutting various fruit
- following proper food sanitation protocols
- building bouquets, boxes and trays according to Edible Arrangements' methods & procedures
- packaging arrangements
- receiving/storing fruit, supplies, equipment, utensils in refrigerators, cupboards and other storage areas as appropriate
- removing trash
- sweeps and mops floors
- cleaning dishes and kitchen equipment/surfaces
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.25 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- sales/customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Kitchen: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver's License (preferred)