Soleterra d’Italia is seeking to hire a Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Manager to lead our growing value-added meat business in Acme, Alberta.
The Sunterra Group of Companies is a dynamic organization that comprises pig production (Sunterra Farms), pork processing (Sunterra Meats), retail locations (Sunterra Market) and the most recent addition, an Italian cooked and cured meats production facility (Soleterra d’Italia). For the past three generations, the Price family, owners and managers of Sunterra, have built their business around growing and marketing food products of unmatched quality. With strong roots in primary agriculture, Sunterra has been a consistent innovator in production, processing, and retail, including exports to international markets and global partnerships to develop new products. Full vertical integration of each aspect of the production chain ensures that customers’ exacting requirements are consistently achieved.
Reporting to the Vice President, the FSQR Manager will be responsible for providing leadership and direction in all areas of Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory compliance at our Federally Inspected facility. This includes policy development, communication, training, maintenance, and continuous improvement. This leadership position acts as resource, management and support for location quality assurance & regulatory compliance activities. This position represents the company to the customer, interfaces directly with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency as well as other regulatory authorities and industry associations.
- Contributes to development and execution of product food safety and quality programs to support the organization’s goals of operational excellence, customer satisfaction, financial performance and market leadership.
- Provide leadership, direction and execution of all quality functions at our federally inspected meat processing facility.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the BRC standard for GFSI.
- Responsible for overseeing and managing FSQR staff and ensuring that all Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Regulatory programs are followed.
- Create strategic policies, processes and procedures that aim to optimize operational quality.
- Ensure the full implementation of Food Safety Systems and demonstrate the highest standards of food safety.
- Manage facility HACCP Plan, coordinate HACCP Team meetings and activities, conduct reassessments and carry out revisions as necessary.
- Implements and coordinates quality control objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize quality, reliability and minimize costs.
- Monitor and enforce company food safety requirements as necessary.
- Be part of our management team championing operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in a food-related discipline, such as food science, microbiology, chemistry, or food industry management.
- Proven track record of success in a meat processing or related environment.
- Must be a strong, persuasive communicator and coach, with the ability to relate to other
- professionals, peers, and field operators, both technical and non-technical.
- Experience developing and motivating personnel.
- Food Safety and Quality Auditing Certification experience is an asset.
- HACCP plan development and implementation, Advanced HACCP verification, validation andauditing of a HACCP system preferred.
- Superior numerical and data analysis skills.
- Strategic and intuitive problem solver.
- Meticulous with details and accuracy.
- Practical and working knowledge of QA methodology, CFIA regulations and HACCP.
- Practical and working knowledge of the Canadian Regulatory landscape, including but not limited to CFIA MOP, FSEP, CVS, Canadian Food Inspection Agency Act, Safe Foods for Canadians Act, Food and Drug Regulations, Labelling Act, MIR (Meat Inspection Regulations), and Meat Inspections Act, Weights and Measures Act.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent