Logistics Coordinator (Ocean Imports)
positions open: 1 contract (6 months)(with possibility of extension/permanency)
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in performing the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of the shipment process, from preparing and submitting POs to suppliers to final receiving;
- Track and trace Air, Sea and Trucking shipments online and with timely follow up with overseas and update systems accordingly;
- Prepare and verify all documentation relating to shipments and Customs clearance (Canada & USA) such as Bill of Lading, CCI, Commercial invoices, packing list, ISF, B3, B13, TSCA, CITES, F&W and more;
- Maintain effective relationship with suppliers;
- Tracking status with truckers & ocean and air carriers and updating ETA’s in ERP;
- Ensure shipments are released by communicating with customs brokers and cargo is delivered. All in a timely manner and keeping within the lead time;
- Manage the logistics components for all Jam business units including carrier performance, PO maintenance, SKU creation, Warehouse coordination);
- Comply with operational procedures (SOP) with internal clients, suppliers and other departments of the company;
- Maintain accurate reports.
- Participate in logistics projects;
- Meet with divisions in order to review logistics performance and/or improvement opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Experience handling Ocean, Ground and Air shipments is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- Proven experience in purchasing administration, transportation, customs brokerage
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines while keeping priorities
- Dynamic Team Player.
- Strong computer skills and use of Excel for most tasks.
JAM Industries, Making the world sound better, one brand at a time! Do these words sound like music to your ears? Are you ready to Hear IT, See IT, Live IT and JAM IT?
Choosing JAM Industries, means joining the largest distributor of consumer electronic goods, pro-audio equipment and musical instruments in the WORLD. Since 1972, our love of music has driven us towards continuous innovation which has allowed us to stay true to our mission of delivering ONLY the best customer service!
Come JAM with us… we not only work hard, but play just as hard. Want to take your career to the next level? Click here to view all of our current openings! http://jamindustries.com/careers/
Ready to join our team? Here is why we are one big, happy JAMily…
- We got your health in check – we offer a wide range of competitive group benefits such Health & Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, Short and Long-Term Disability as well as a generous wellness incentive and an Employee Assistance Program
- We value work life balance and offer a casual and fun environment
- Lively social calendar…there’s always something for everyone!!
- Our onsite subsidized cafeteria caters to the foodie in each of us. Plenty of healthy (and not so healthy choices)
- Generous employee discount on all of our cool gear
- Convenient location with access to free parking
- On-going learning opportunities
- Not to mention the opportunity to work in a highly talented, winning team!
Come groove with us…we are in pursuit of creative, confident, charismatic go-getters!
***While we appreciate your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.***
Job Type: Full-time
- Logistics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Ocean Imports: 1 year (Preferred)