The REACH Centre Grey Bruce provides programming for young adults with intellectual, communicative and developmental disabilities. We are a charitable organization and currently housed at the Georgian Shores United Church in Owen Sound. Hours of operation are Monday to Thursday 8:30am to 4:30pm. Staff meets weekly for 2.0 hrs and attendance mandatory.
The Program Facilitator is responsible for developing, delivering and managing the daily Fitness & Wellness program in order to ensure a safe, developmentally appropriate environment for all participants of REACH Centre Grey Bruce.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Strong understanding of fitness, emotional intelligence and learning strategies for disabled young adults and youth
- Program plan development and delivery (including lesson planning)
- Provide support for persons with developmental disabilities
- Participates in weekly staff meetings and attends other meetings/events as required
- Progress reporting and case file management
- Maintain good relationships and open communication with parents/caregivers of participants
- Works collaboratively with other program facilitators to support participant success
- Posting to social media accounts
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude and energy with strong adaptive skills;
- Experience supporting adults with developmental disabilities;
- DSW diploma or DSW certificate preferred;
- Educational Assistant for special needs considered;
- Valid First Aid/CPR;
- Proof of valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle upon hire;
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check completed within the last 6 months;
- Proficient use of computers (email, internet, spreadsheets and word processing software);
- Completed WHIMIS Training
Only applications selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.50 to $22.50 /hour