Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is currently looking for a Contractor Sales to join our team in Rankin Inlet, NU!
The Contractor Sales is responsible for the Service Counter and ensuring that customers are serviced in a professional and ethical manner. Working together with the rest of the management team, the incumbent ensures that organizational and departmental goals are being met and develops strategic business relationships to secure future sales.
This is a permanent full-time position that requires permanent relocation to Rankin Inlet, NU.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Building Supply counter, providing information and recommendation to both staff and store customers
- Achieve and maintain shrink targets to minimize waste
- Maintain inventory levels and initiate purchase order requests as appropriate
- Responsible for all building material and lumber sales within the store
- Maintain and achieve sales targets and quotas
- Responsible for carrying out Company policies and procedures
- Directly involved in processing orders and establishing positive relationship with all internal and external business partners
- Work with the Customer Service Manager to address inventory control issues and develop strategic plans to address these issues as appropriate
- Greets and assists customers in a way that models exemplary conduct to other staff
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries and concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Cross-train with other department heads, to be able to provide back up when necessary
- Assists with scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results and maintains store staff performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Assists with recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Assists in meeting financial objectives by following annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Ensures availability of merchandise and services; oversees and assists with inventory management
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment and ensuring all health, safety and security regulations are adhered to and required standards are met
- Some travel may be required
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Post secondary education in industry related field
- 5+ years of experience in a retail environment, with background in building materials, lumber and hardware
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role in industry specific environment is an asset
- Knowledge/experience in ProfitMaster is an advantage
- Good understanding and/or experience working in a sealift environment is a plus
- Good time management and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrate ability to train and motivate staff
- Experience in monitoring and assessing staff performance
- Good computer literacy and skilled in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Must be professional, responsive and possess a positive work attitude and demeanour.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- An understanding of applicable legislation such as heath & safety, employment laws etc.
- Able to work in various temperatures
- Able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
- Able to pass the required background and credit checks
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at: www.eskimopointlumber.com/careers/
Eskimo Point Lumber Supply is a Nunavut based retailer and distributor that provides goods and services to the Kivalliq region. Our core values are based on honesty, hard work and service to the community. We are proud to provide support and opportunities to the Inuit communities in which we are based.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance
- Housing subsidy
- Vacation travel allowance
- Northern allowance
- Group benefits - including extended health & dental
- Future development opportunities
… and much more!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Retail Management: 5 years (Required)
- Building Supplies: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Rankin Inlet, NU (Preferred)