Recruitment: Head Swim Coach for the Whitehorse Glacier Bears Swim Club
Located on the banks of the Yukon River, surrounded by vast wilderness, sits Whitehorse, Yukon. While modest in population, Whitehorse is a lively hub of arts, culture and adventure. It has all the big city accommodations you need, but in a small-town setting. The result is the perfect blend of city life and the outdoors.
As you drive through Whitehorse, it’s hard not to notice the impressive recreation facility that sits atop the hill. Built for the 2007 Canada Winter Games, the Canada Games Centre is home to a 25-metre pool, two hockey rinks, indoor soccer pitch, running track, multi-use area, full gym, as well as a steam room, sauna, hot tub and even a lazy river!
Whitehorse, and the entire Yukon for that matter, has something for everyone. Its raw beauty and welcoming atmosphere will draw you in and keep you captivated for years to come.
The Whitehorse Glacier Bears (WGB)
The WGB Swim Club is a competitive club with 130 swimmers of all ages and abilities, from beginners to Provincial and National-level athletes.
- Delivering exceptional coaching practices to athletes with goals of achieving optimal performance
- Creating an atmosphere where swimmers can excel
- Developing training templates, schedules, coaching methodology and assessment criteria for all groups
- Teaching, mentoring, and motivating swimmers to reach their highest potential both in the pool, and out
- Continually working towards improving each swimmer’s technique, providing effective motivation and a positive attitude and relationship with each swimmer
- Developing, training, and mentoring assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive and positive coaching environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
- Being a team player who can lead, organize, engage and train staff effectively
- Working with the Board of Directors in fostering a safe, inclusive, harmonious team environment with focus on fun and passion for swimming
- Previous experience in the position of Head Coach
- An understanding of long-term athlete development plans set out by Swimming Canada
- More than 5 years of coaching experience with a competitive swim team
- NCCP Level 2 certification or equivalent and working on NCCP Level 3
- A diplomatic personality to help foster relationships with members, committees and employees
- A high level of maturity, patience, and dependability while working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- An ability to influence progress through cooperation, conflict resolution, and facilitation
- A high standard of ethics, honesty, and integrity
- Current Vulnerable Sector Search
Salary: 60 to 80k DOE
We offer a competitive salary package based on qualifications and previous coaching experience. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter by email to Whitehorse Glacier Bears Hiring Committee.
We thank all candidates for their interest. The competition will remain open until we find a successful Head Coach. Only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted. The Hiring Committee reserves the right to exercise due diligence and call upon additional references to supplement those provided by the applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year