Position: Software Developer
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Kitchener, ON
Division: Postmedia Digital
Reports to: Manager, Software Development
Postmedia is a Canadian newsmedia company representing more than 125 brands across multiple print, online and mobile platforms. Award-winning journalists and innovative product development teams bring engaging content to millions of people every week whenever and wherever they want it.
This exceptional content, reach and scope offers advertisers and marketers compelling solutions to effectively reach target audiences. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join our team.
Our Postmedia Innovation Outpost team is moving at lightning speed on the bleeding edge of technology. Postmedia is looking for a Software Developer to help deliver innovative and robust products for our customers. Based in our Kitchener office, you will develop and mentor other developers to build and constantly improve systems for internal processes and transparency for our clients. Our team works on both back end services and front end interfaces. We are a small team with a BIG impact: high speed and autonomy of a start-up. We work hard, play hard!
What you’ll do:
- You’ll design systems that can handle “web-scale” traffic and data throughput
- You’ll champion the code review process and a constant learning environment
- You’ll build and maintain relationships across different teams or “pods”
- You’ll work collaboratively with DevOps to ship your code to production using Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines
- You will work in a collaborative team environment with highly skilled specialists in many areas, distributed systems, AWS, service-oriented architecture, quality analysis
Who you are:
- You have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- You have at least 3+ years building large-scale data processing systems and websites
- You have experience working in an Agile software development environment
- You have built REST APIs that process large amounts of data
- You have a degree in computer science, web development or equivalent work experience
- You have experience writing clean, testable code using OO based methodologies
- You are tenacious, driven, and self-directed with excellent time management
- You have a deep understanding of best coding practices, unit testing, version control, and a strong interest in automation
Good to have:
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS and CircleCI
Should you be interested in this opportunity please include a cover letter and resume in one document.
Application Deadline: February 3 2021
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent