TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE: Join our Team!
IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN OUR SATELLITE SITE!
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has immediate opening for a full time Occupational Therapist 9 month contract in our Specialized Care Centre, North Etobicoke. Come and join our interdisciplinary teams and make a difference. This is a unique health care facility and the only one of its kind in Canada. We offer a fantastic working experience and competitive compensation with pension and benefit options.
LOCATION: 650 Dixon Road, Etobicoke (Specialized Care Centre) -Dixon Rd and Hwy 427, and we offer free parking!
We are actively recruiting for
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
PART TIME TEMPORARY 9 MONTH CONTRACT
Job#: 04272021 SLP-TEMP FT 9 MONTH CONTRACT
POSTING DATE: April 27, 2021 CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Position Summary and Responsibility
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to provide communication and swallowing services to patients throughout the hospital. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with SLP staff, patients, families and interprofessional teams.
- Triage, assess and manage communication and swallowing impairments on the various patient care units in the facility
- Provides education/counselling for patients experiencing communication and/or swallowing difficulties and to their caregivers
- Act as an SLP resource for the interprofessional team, families and students
- Maintain patient records, workload measurement in accordance with facility and professional standards
- Maintain and upgrade skills and knowledge through continuing education and seek opportunities for knowledge dissemination
- Participate in interdisciplinary and hospital-wide meetings and committees as appropriate
- Practice in accordance with the College of Audiologists and Speech- Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Current CASLPO registration
- Previous experience (3 years) working with a hospital setting preferred
- Experience in cardio-respiratory, geriatrics, surgery, ICU, cardiology, acute general medicine and/or stroke an asset
- Experience with mechanical ventilation and/or tracheostomy management preferred
- Experience in conducting clinical swallowing evaluations required
- Demonstrated commitment to a patient and family -centred care
- Excellent communication, documentation, and time-management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of interprofessional teams
Reference ID: Job#: 04272021 SLP-TEMP FT 9 MONTH CONTRACT
Contract length: 9 months
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place