Betz Pools Ltd. is one of Canada’s leaders in the design, installation, renovation and service of custom pools/spas and unique backyard paradise.
Our company is currently looking for Vinyl Pool Builder with mid to high level experience in the installation and renovation of Vinyl or Fibreglass Swimming Pools to join our team! The Vinyl Pool Builder will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor in residential construction sites and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools, machinery, skid steer and mini escavator. New build labourers will be required to work safely and abide by all health and safety regulations, as well as perform some heavy manual labour.
Qualified candidates may possess multiple skills, such as: mechanical skills, plumbing, concrete forming and pouring, carpentry, demolition, trench digging, working at heights and clean up, etc. * Considered an asset*
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Working Independently
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site to eliminate possible hazards and ensure equipment is properly maintained.
- Operate a variety of hand tools including but not limited to: skill saws, reciprocating saws, hands drills, jackhammers, rebar bender, hammers, sledgehammers, etc.
- Dig and maintain trenches.
- Assemble and level galvanized steel pool walls.
- Assisting with hanging and installing vinyl liners.
- Backfilling granular materials around outside of pool shells.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers, and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Assist with concrete pours.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using appropriate tools.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
- Install pool piping in locations directed by foreman.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Provide assistance to subcontract workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, and masons.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently working in the trade or previous related experience is required
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR considered an asset
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills and punctuality
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various construction processes
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of equipment used
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber, rebar, concrete, steel, vinyl, and additional materials.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 75 lbs is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, eye & hand protection etc.)
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
- vinyl pool installation : 3 years (Required)