Summer Student: Finance Clerk
Status: Contract, 20 hours per week, 14 weeks
Location: Scarborough, Ontario
Start date: July 6th, 2020
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Performing data entry and related duties in disbursing accounts payable to individuals,
suppliers, and other entities.
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of payment documents such as purchase
orders, travel disbursements, credit card reconciliations, expenses and any other
accounting transactions related to accounts payable functions.
- Reviewing, processing, verifying and recording of cash receipts and other accounts
- Processing journal entries prepare financial reports
- Assisting with administrative and reception duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing Post Secondary Education in Accounting or Finance
- Experience using Excel and accounting software
- Detail oriented and Quick learner ∙
- Strong organizational skills with excellent communicator A flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
- A second language is an asset
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening from local Police Force
This position is a Canada Summer Job initiative. In order to be considered for this position you must:
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Please send a cover letter and resume by email by July 4th, 2020*
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)