Under the direction of the Environmental Manager/designate the Housekeeping Aide ensures that the environment throughout the facility is clean, safe and comfortable and furnishings and equipment are in good repair.
· Provides cleaning of resident and public areas as assigned on a daily and as necessary basis.
· Provides cleaning of windows, privacy curtains, spot cleaning of walls, deep cleaning procedures.
· Cleans, mops, polishes floors, dusts furniture, equipment and arranges furniture in an orderly manner.
· Assists in the stripping of floors, sealing and re-waxing as per schedule.
· Keeps work areas clean and free from unsafe conditions.
· Ensure garbage is disposed of from rooms, washrooms and proper liners are placed in garbage bins.
· Performs routine and special cleaning assignments.
· Performs deep cleaning procedures, discharge cleaning procedures, as well as general and routine cleaning.
· Assists in receiving, checking and storing of incoming supplies as required. Advises Environmental Manager of need for supplies.
· Identifies areas requiring repairs, documents in log record book and reports to the Supervisor or unit Charge Nurse.
· Adheres to regulations relating to the labelling of chemicals, storage of chemicals and safe use of chemicals. Has knowledge of WHMIS and strives to achieve compliance
· Has knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety legislation and strives to achieve these standards within the work environment.
· Follows Infection Control Practices within the work place.
· Participates in the facility CQI program.
· Minimum of 1 year experience in general housekeeping routines
· Must understand concept of disease transmission and importance of hand washing.
· Good mental and physical health; free from communicable diseases.
· Ability to work with people and to follow directions from others.
· Ability to work with other departments and to show flexibility in emergency situations.
· Willingness to follow company policies.
· Must be physically able to lift and transfer moderate to heavy equipment/boxes.
· Must be able to work accurately, quickly, and safely.
· Must be an effective team player that works well with others.
· Must be able to work and communicate effectively with long-term care Residents.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Job Type: Part-time