At SubC Imaging, you will be part of a technically diverse team, creating the most advanced and capable video systems for applications such as deep-sea mining, film oceanography, offshore energy, archaeology and marine research.
This is a full-time position located in our Clarenville office. As the Software Quality Assurance Lead you will work with the existing team to implement protocols and software test plans, participate in the development of automated tests and in the setup of regression testing environments.
- Hourly pay: Your time is valuable. We strongly believe that in salaried roles, too often, corporations take advantage of employees and people end up working unfairly. We believe in equal pay for time worked.
- Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule.
- Overtime: In the very rare occurrence of a long week, we pay overtime at 1.5x.
- Medical/health/dental: Industry standard with Blue Cross.
- Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
- Fitness and health: Coverage for fitness equipment/memberships and free fitness classes with Power Conditioning Inc
- Location: Our main office is located in Clarenville and our sales team is in our St. John’s office.
- Ladder to climb: SubC is growing, we are looking for people to grow with us as we develop new technologies.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Implement and maintain a bug tracking system
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases
- Track and save the results of all system testing. Hold and facilitate test case reviews with cross-functional team members, and manage follow-ups and updates
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional, design specifications and requirements
- Assist with developing quality assurance standards and measures
- Assess and report problems and errors and collaborate with developers to resolve issues
- Ensure proper change management processes are in place and followed
- Categorize errors and perform trend analysis
- Root cause analysis
- 2+ years experience in software testing
- 2+ years object oriented programming experience
- Strong experience with debugging and isolating defects
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Experience diagnosing, reporting and tracking quality issues
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, QA processes and modern test methodologies
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution
- Knowledge of SCRUM based software development lifecycle, Agile method, JIRA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
- object-oriented programming: 2 years (Preferred)
- software testing: 2 years (Preferred)