STEM is in and so are you! Tutor Doctor – the leading education company that’s all about one-to-one, personalized tutoring – is hiring Physics / Chemistry / Biology Tutors! Our tutors take the time to understand the way students learn, and adapt their techniques to coincide with their needs. We want tutors who can build relationships with students and help them feel comfortable and cared for during sessions. Simply put, our tutors are people we’d be happy bringing home to mom!
The Tutor Doctor Advantage
As a Tutor Doctor tutor, you're more than just a tutor, you're a mentor! Seeing a student achieve their "a-ha moment" is why our tutors love working with us. This is a part-time contract position. Our tutors choose which students to accept and determine their own weekly schedule. Tutors are matched to students based on qualifications, subject/ grade expertise, availability, personality and location.
- Our marketing and referral network provide a steady stream of available students.
- Select your students and tutoring times to fit your ideal schedule.
- Receive a detailed profile of your student prior to tutoring including academic history, current needs and goals.
- Clients pre-pay directly to Tutor Doctor and our simplified invoice system makes getting paid for your work quick, easy, and reliable.
- Orientation, resources and support readily available to assist tutors as needed
Position and Duties
If you like what you’re reading so far, we are currently hiring Physics / Chemistry / Biology Tutors! You are someone who is able to teach any or several of the following subjects:
- Grades 11-12 Biology,
- Grades 11-12 Chemistry
- Grades 11-12 Physics
As a Physics / Chemistry / Biology Tutor, you can be relied upon to:
- Travel to students' homes (pre-screened)
- Schedule consistent weekly tutoring appointments with students or their parents
We are not looking for rocket scientists, but just an attitude that shoots for the stars! As a Tutor Doctor Physics / Chemistry / Biology Tutor, you are someone who has:
- Proficiency in teaching and reviewing all content related to specific subjects
- 2 years of post-secondary education in a related field of study (Engineering, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Science, Accounting, etc).
- Previous teaching/tutoring/mentoring/coaching experience would be great, especially exposure to different learning styles (formal or informal)
- Access to a vehicle or public transportation
If this sounds like you and are keen on empowering students to do their best, send us your resume!
- Need to have some availability between 4PM-9PM on weeknights and on weekends, as these are generally the times requested by clients
- Must be open to completing a criminal background check, if not already completed
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the volume of applications received, only those who are selected will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /year
- Maple, ON (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)