Northlander Industries located in Exeter, Ontario is Canada’s leading manufacturer of Park Model and Modular Homes. For over 50 years, we have been committed to bringing our customers the highest quality craftsmanship, performance and value in our products.
As the Sewing Machine Operator, you will be responsible for operating Industrial Sewing Machines and Sergers in a production environment to fabricate custom interior products such as bedding, drapes, valences.
- Sew products within established standards while meeting deadlines
- Thread machine, change needles and adjust tension as required
- Use and understanding of basic measurements
- Perform sewing functions in a precise and timely manner
- Cutting fabrics and making patterns
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Experience operating a sewing machine and serger, at home or in a factory setting
- Ability to work in a safe manner, in a sitting or standing position depending on job requirements
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, and a strong work ethic
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Job Type: Contract
- Sewing: 1 year (Preferred)