This position requires an ambitious Level 2 or higher Apprentice Technician to perform preventative maintenance on automotive vehicles and light trucks. The Apprentice Technician will focus primarily on tires and oil changes while moving into the busy season. The successful candidate will possess the willingness and ability to maintain current product and technical knowledge, the ability to estimate time of service and repair needed, and to diagnose and complete the required work right the first time. Using industry-leading technology, the Automotive Technician will diagnose repairs required on a wide range of vehicles.
Essential Skills / Details
- Level 2 or higher Apprentice level required
- Ability to diagnose and problem solve independently
- Comfortable leveraging technology for most day to day repairs
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where optimal production is supported
- High attention to detail with proven time management and organizational skills
- A commitment to continuous learning and professional development
- Valid driver’s license, clean drivers abstract and own transportation to and from work is required
Birchwood is Manitoba’s largest automotive retailer network. Our 24 franchises include two state-of-the-art collision repair centres and four Birchwood Credit Solutions locations, and offer sales, services, and parts to meet our customers’ automotive needs. We are a recognized leader in the retail automotive industry, not only for our diverse workforce reflecting our community, but also our unparalleled commitment to team members, customers, partners, and neighbourhoods. At Birchwood, our days begin and end with gratitude, personal leadership, trust, respect, continuous improvement, and generosity.
Birchwood is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Salary / Wage Range
To be discussed during interview process.