Date Posted: June 26, 2020
Posting #: 2020-36
Finance Manager, Reporting & Controls (*Contract*)
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, great support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.
Eva’s Initiatives is an innovative organization that works locally and nationally to prevent, reduce and end youth homelessness. Eva’s Initiatives operates three specialized shelter facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite and Eva’s Phoenix.
Eva’s is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
The Finance Manager – Reporting & Controls will report to Director Finance. Responsibilities include financial planning and reporting, special projects such as process improvement, implementation of the new accounting software and other functions that ensure finances are managed according to legislation, policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles. Qualifications and
- Post-secondary education and accounting certification such as a CA, CGA, CMA. designation
- Seven to ten years related work experience in financial reporting, operational effectiveness and efficiency. Not-for-profit experience would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment, proficiency in accounting applications and Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to design critique and improve financial processes.
- The job requires that activities be carried out in a timely and proactive manner and ensuring maximum, cost-effective use of organizational resources.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and set team priorities
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills with ability to coordinate and set priorities to meet deadlines while dealing with conflicting demands and changing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to produce reports and deliver effective presentations
- Excellent Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications and proficiency in spreadsheets, scheduling, and presentation software (PowerPoint)
Submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document by 5:00pm on July 10, 2020 to careers@evas. ca. Be sure to indicate 2020-36 Finance Manager in the title. No phone calls, please.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Eva’s acknowledges the sacred land on which our organization stands, the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. The territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. We are grateful to work here and we are mindful of broken covenants and the need to strive to make right with all our relations.
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth
Administrative Office: 401 Richmond St W., Suite 245, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3A8
Phone 416-977-4497 | Email info@evas. ca | Website www.evas. ca
Connect with us @evasinitiatives
Reference ID: 2020-36 Finance Manager
Application Deadline: 2020-07-10
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- financial reporting: 7 years (Required)