Kindersley Sask. Peavey Mart is looking to fill 1-3 Part Time or Full Time positions for Customer Service Associate.
Job Purpose: The Customer Service Associate is a customer service specialist. Customer Service Associates are responsible for advising customers and processing customer purchases/returns. When not attending to a customer, the Customer Service Associate stocks shelves, assists in setting up displays, prices product, and maintains the cleanliness of the store.
Essential Job Results
· Warmly approaching and greeting customers.
· Advising customers on products and suggesting solutions to their needs.
· Providing a high level of customer service.
· Encouraging further business by thanking customers and asking for them to come back.
· Help customers with concerns and put them in contact with a Supervisor as needed.
· Answering the telephone in a warm and friendly manner
· Learn and maintain a product knowledge of store merchandise
· Helping to set up displays as directed by store management team
· Provide customer carry outs and load products for customers. Use Team Lift when needed.
· Weigh, measure, and cut merchandise to fill customer orders.
· Establishing/identifying prices for items
· Keying or scanning merchandise for customer purchase
· Total and receive payment for merchandise
· Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers per policy
· Ensuring proper return and refund policy is followed, including Management sign-off
· Wrapping or bagging merchandise purchased by the customer
· Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to verify accuracy
· Manager on duty verifies opening and closing cash counts
· Stocking/Re-stocking merchandise as needed
· Maintaining cleanliness of the store and checkout area
· Merchandising, pricing and tasking the point of purchase area when there are no customers in line
· Help with receiving on an as needed basis
· Use safe work procedures while setting a good example to fellow employees
· Carry out work in a manner that will not create a hazard to themselves or others
· Work with co-workers and members of the Safety Committee to help create a safe working environment by making safety suggestions and recommendations
· Report and accidents, incidents, near misses, injuries, and/or occupational health concerns to a safety committee member
· Follow Peavey Industries L.P. medical and first aid procedures
· Positively communicate and demonstrate the company’s Core Values.
· Included in this list, are any additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Maintaining a customer first, positive attitude
· High attention to detail
· Ability to count, total, and work with numbers
· Ability to learn and operate till technology
· Staying calm and attentive in a busy environment
· Ability to approach customers, listen attentively, and use suggestive selling.
· Ability to multi-task
· On the job training or previous experience
· Standing for extended periods, walking long distances to move/handle merchandise and provide customer service
· Lifting up to 40lbs. and maintaining fitness level to perform all functions as set forth above
· Operating keyboard, scanning, and touch screen till technology in a repetitive manner
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $12.60 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All Customers an staff are to follow the province wide mandatory mask requirement. Curbside pick up is available for customers and carts are sanitized.
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record and modify customer information within the database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
- Offer support and solutions to customers in accordance with the company's customer service policies
- Other duties as requested
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place