NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Reporting to the Director, Engagement and HR Services, this position will be responsible for executing HR initiatives to support the leaders and employees of Midwest Property Management. This experienced HR leader will facilitate a consistent interpretation and application of our human resource policies, programs and guidelines through our head office and various sites by building strong relationships with our management team. Duties include leading our recruiting process and providing expertise for hiring at our head office and sites. This role will also play an essential role supporting the management team in the administration of the Occupational Health and Safety Program and other learning and development initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide day to day support to employees and managers.
- Provides guidance to all employees in the interpretation and application of Human Resources policies and procedures as well as updating internal databases with current relevant information.
- Provide expertise in creating and developing all recruiting tools. Is actively involved in the recruitment process from job postings to final selection of candidates. Work to continually develop and improve our processes.
- Work with the team on the development of the Dayforce program including training of new processes.
- Participates in operational meetings on a regular basis to understand the business requirements and offer solutions and programs for human resources needs.
- Identify and assess future and current training and work on the development of programs to facilitate the ongoing development of the employees
- Assist in implementing and monitoring health and safety policies and programs that promote safety in the workplace and advising on any provisions that could minimize safety risks.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Lead and implement special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Proven customer support experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation, group facilitation and business writing skills.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, direction, coaching, and support.
- Adept at developing and aligning HR strategies to support business initiatives and growth.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources or at least 3 years related work experience in a professional HR role or related industry experience.
- Knowledge of recruitment, employee development, performance management, compensation, health and safety, policy development and implementation, employment and human rights legislation and learning and development is required.
- Experience with Ceridian Dayforce is an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Ceridian Dayforce: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)
- English (Required)