The Treadmill Factory has helped millions of Canadians achieve their health and fitness goals for over 32 years! Originally starting off as a small business with one fitness store, we have grown into an industry-leading company in the field of fitness with 5 physical store locations as well as an online store which allows us to serve customers all across Canada. From day one we have offered our customers only the best when it comes to exercise, gym and fitness equipment.
Our impressive selection of equipment, knowledgeable sales staff, high-end quality products, reputable brands and one of a kind service department are only a few of the elements that set us apart from competitors and place us at the very top! We don’t stop there; in addition to our expertise in the field of fitness we also pride ourselves with the fair and affordable pricing at which we offer the award-winning products and brands that we sell. We believe that living a healthy lifestyle should be an option accessible to everyone. The fitness equipment and accessories we carry will help you in your quest for fitness and health!
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Store Manager contributes to success in the store by providing a consistent retail floor presence and direct support to the District Manager. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the retail floor consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience and retail execution.
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
- Provides a strong floor presence and interfaces regularly with customers to assess customer experience.
- Leads by example by consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Responds to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintains community relations in order to build and enhance the image of The Treadmill Factory.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the team through strong communication, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects on the retail floor in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer experience targets set by the District Manager.
- with challenging situations.
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and fitness industry.
- Proven track record in retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the fitness industry and it's products is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff and our customers as safe as possible, we have provided hand sanitizing stations, masks, as well as a plastic barrier between the staff and customers. Our safety measures are a top priority right now.
- Retail Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)