Roots is more than just an iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to the President & CEO who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO acts as an integral member of the office of the President and CEO, reporting to the Sr. Director, Human Resources (with accountability to the CEO).
This experienced professional works closely with the senior leadership team and HR team, organizing and coordinating agendas, meetings, and special projects across the executive level. In addition, this role is required to liaise with the Company’s Head of Investor Relations, General Counsel, and finance team to help the Company meet public company reporting, filing, disclosure, and deadline requirements.
This Executive Assistant to the President & CEO and will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Provide consistent and attentive administrative support to the CEO, acting as the primary point of contact (internal and external) on all matters pertaining to the CEO.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including pro-actively managing the CEO’s calendar; composing and preparing correspondence that is confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, expenses, and agendas.
- Research, prioritizes and follow-up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Organize company events end-to-end, including company-wide meetings and celebrations, senior leadership offsite and support senior leadership to coordinate department events and meetings.
- Liaise with Head of Investor Relations, General Counsel, and finance team to help the Company meet public company reporting, filing, disclosure, and deadline requirements (quarterly and annual).
- Work with the Head of IR, General Counsel, and finance teams to facilitate quarterly and annual reporting process, including document review and approval as well as coordinating executive schedules and the Investor Relations calendar.
- Support the planning, organizing, and executing of the AGM and or any special meetings of shareholders.
- Work with business areas to help them provide accurate and informative Board and Committee meeting materials, including reviewing business presentations and reports, providing feedback and knowing when and how to escalate issues.
- Synthesize information received from management and Board members and identify need for follow-up such as meetings, calls, etc.
Top candidates for the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO role will have the following:
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Business Administration
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a senior administrative role supporting executive level.
- Advanced skills with MS Office including excel, PPT and word.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrates attention to detail and responsiveness.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations and work well with deadlines
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Self-Confident with a strong emotional maturity accompanied by strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel logistics, scheduling, presentation skills, meeting management, administrative writing skills are required.
- Experience working with legal counsel and publicly traded companies an asset
- Experience working with Board management tools like Computershare is an asset.
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO role is eligible for:
- The Roots Work In Comfort (Flexible Work) program
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.