Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak):
$53795.00 to $67243.75
Temporary Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Financial Reporting team in our Office of the Chief Financial Officer sector. This sector uses financial foresight and legal insight to improve housing affordability.
this is a temporary 12-month mandate
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. In this role, you will provide support and assistance to the specialist and senior specialist in a range of activities related to accounting, reconciliation, financial planning, reporting and analysis. With your strong analytical skills, you will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) or a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation would be an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting, finance or business administration.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of relevant financial, legislative and regulatory environments.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage several ongoing and competing projects.
- Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles.
- Ability to function in a sophisticated technological environment using tools such as spreadsheets, databases and applications as well as consolidation and reporting tools.
What you will be doing
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reconciliations, reports and notes to assist with the preparation of the Corporation's quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and the Pension Plan Annual Report.
- Identify and interpret financial information that supports accounting and reporting activities pertaining to investment portfolios, pension plan and overall corporate performance.
- Ensure accounting policies and processes are administered appropriately in order to support the quarterly review and year-end audit of CMHC’s financial statements.
- Review the analysis of actual financial results against prior periods as well as CMHC’s Corporate Plan to assist in the preparation of variance and performance analysis.
- Provide timely and accurate reports to external divisions and other areas within Finance and maintains continuous communication and co-operation with these divisions and with other Finance staff to support an integrated working environment.
- Prepare financial reports for the Public Accounts of Canada at the end of each calendar quarter for analysis purposes.
- Implement effective internal controls designed to protect significant corporate financial assets and recommend changes relative to new business products/processes.
- Maintain timely and accurate accounting records, including the preparation of accounting entries and reconciliation between systems, subsystems and reports. Flag possible issues and anomalies to the Specialist and Senior Specialist so that issues can be remedied.
- Identify and resolve problem reports in treasury system (WSS) and in the enterprise resource planning (ERP) system by conducting detailed testing and analysis to ensure appropriate accounting and reporting outcomes.
- Reports to senior leadership on unit performance, both financial and non-financial performance indicators, and identifies and raises risks as required.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date:
@ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled).
Job Requisition ID:
Travel not required
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.