Certified Dental Assistant - Relocate to Pender Island, BC - $32-40/HR
Pender Island Dental is located in the beautiful southern Gulf islands of BC, 40 minutes ferry ride from Victoria and 1.5 hours from Vancouver. We are a newly renovated, fully digital practice servicing 3,500 community members.
We are looking for a Certified Dental Assistant interested in moving to Pender Island, BC to work a full-time opportunity.
Why take this opportunity in Pender Island, BC
- Pender island has 3,500 local residents and over 10,000 people coming to visit our beautiful island during tourist season. Our lifestyle is relaxed, peaceful, activities to do here include hiking, visiting beautiful beaches, whale watching, exploring nature trails, kayaking and much more...
- This opportunity is perfect for both singles, couples and families - it’s a great place to raise kids! Great schools, comprehensive medical care, grocery stores, full facilities
- We are the only dental practice on the whole island. Our community is very connected and there is clientele all year round
- For a Canadian location, we have a sub Mediterranean climate which means our Winters are very mild, and our Summers are enjoyed in the beautiful outdoors!
- Real-Estate starts @ $400K the Average house price is $500K-600K, Ocean view Real Estate starts @ $800k. The rental market on Pender Island during the summer months is challenging. After the September long weekend the Rental Market has a higher inventory. Average Home rentals are $1200 - $1600, with Ocean view from $2500 - $3000.
- Full dental benefits package included
What we're looking for:
- A qualified candidate prepared to relocate to Pender Island, BC as soon as possible
- Must qualify for licensing in British Columbia and/or be willing to obtain certification through work
- An experienced, certified dental assistant will start at $32-40/HR
- A non-experienced, non-certified dental assistant interested in becoming one and obtaining certification through work will start at $20-25/HR and work 9-18 months to become certified
- This is a very unique opportunity for someone interested in becoming a Certified Dental Assistant, you can complete this while working in conjunction with Camosun College (schooling not required)
- New grads are welcome to apply!
What they'll be doing in the role:
- A full-range of dental assistant tasks - rubber dam, temporary fabrications, sterilization, impressions and models, radiographs (x-rays), charting, chair side duties
- General patient relations
- Supporting the Dentist and Hygienist in their role
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to send your resume. Pender Island Dental thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.00-$40.00 per hour
- dental assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Dental Assistant (Preferred)